BICC transporter re...

Notifications
Clear all

BICC transporter ready

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

The BICC transporter is ready for the coming season. Our pigeons certainly travel in style and are always well cared for. 

[attach]5983[/attach]
[attach]5984[/attach]
[attach]5985[/attach]
[attach]5986[/attach]
[attach]5987[/attach]

buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Looks nice mate, I seen on another site last night that one of them is still planning on the programme as advertised but also doing a replacement if no channel racing soreted sure was the BICC

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @buster121

Looks nice mate, I seen on another site last night that one of them is still planning on the programme as advertised but also doing a replacement if no channel racing soreted sure was the BICC

The BBC and CSCFC are both looking at alternative race programs. The BICC have said so far that if they have trouble getting into France on 1st May they will take the birds to Penzance for a liberation. Wouldn’t be good for me. 

I also see that there were another 2 confirmed outbreaks of bird flu over the weekend. That could potentially put an end to the start of all racing. 

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Posted by: @andy123
Posted by: @buster121

The BBC and CSCFC are both looking at alternative race programs. The BICC have said so far that if they have trouble getting into France on 1st May they will take the birds to Penzance for a liberation. Wouldn’t be good for me. 

I also see that there were another 2 confirmed outbreaks of bird flu over the weekend. That could potentially put an end to the start of all racing. 

3 outbreaks I heard one in Uttoxeter so not a million miles from me

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered

Andy not sure if I read it right on pigeonchat facebook racing from France has been cancelled anyone else read it hope i'm wrong

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered

Posted by: @rainbow

Andy not sure if I read it right on pigeonchat facebook racing from France has been cancelled anyone else read it hope i'm wrong

seems no transporters to be used or birds on open loft

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

seems no transporters to be used or birds on open loft

It is still all a bit confusing George. Birds can be on open loft from tomorrow providing you are outside the exclusion zones of the cases at the weekend. These zones won’t be lifted from those areas until 30/40 days. So that already means that anyone in those areas can’t let their birds out for as long as they want until the end of April at the earliest. There are still discussions going on regarding racing from France as far as I know. 

The CSCFC have put up an alternative North Road program in case they can’t go across the channel. I will put that on another post. 

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered

I may have read it wrong I thought birds out only when cleaning loft .training birds only on your own  no transporters will let do updates now

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I may have read it wrong I thought birds out only when cleaning loft .training birds only on your own  no transporters will let do updates now

Your right in that you can only train on your own and not with birds from another loft. Birds can be let out whenever you want after 23.59 tonight. Unless in the exclusion zones. Bio security measures have to be in place. Bird gatherings are still prohibited, meaning no racing, until the General License has been reinstated. 

These are all down to Avian Flu. 

The transporting of pigeons to the continent is a different issue and brought about by Brexit. 

ReplyQuote
killer
(@killer)
Illustrious Member Registered

Great looking unit ,only thing I can see with a design fault with the chains holding the out side walk way up, they could cause lots of problems with the release      
as they would hurt or bust wings , we have brackets that swing out under the walk way ,so not to injure the birds ,cheers 

buster121 liked
ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @killer

Great looking unit ,only thing I can see with a design fault with the chains holding the out side walk way up, they could cause lots of problems with the release      
as they would hurt or bust wings , we have brackets that swing out under the walk way ,so not to injure the birds ,cheers 

Good point mate. I would like to think that these are dropped just prior to lib. 

ReplyQuote