YOUNG HENS 2020  

Page 2 / 2

grizzlecock
(@grizzlecock)
Estimable Member Registered
15/11/2020 8:38 pm  
Posted by: @bryngwynt
Posted by: @grizzlecock

Number 5... however bred that youngster?,was it a blackfoot injun in the nest? think it could carry the "DIRTY " gene ,if it can avoid the hawks and falcons the next few years it possible would do well at the very long end

She is mine out of Lambrechts, there is no injury on her foot,as far as I’m aware..What you can see is a yellow clip ringing her right foot, if that’s what you are referring to.

The "dirty " gene is just a modifer of the colours....nothing wrong with the birds foot .......usually if it takes this from 1 or both parents it will have black legs/feet in the nest which fades to normal over a few weeks.... opoligies if you thought i was being funny 

ReplyQuote
Bryngwynt
(@bryngwynt)
Famed Member Registered
15/11/2020 9:02 pm  

@rainbow Hi Rainbow,if the youngster receives the "dirty " gene from either 1 or both its parents it will have black feet in the nest which slowly fades to the normal colour over time... in many cases you will notice slight  even tiny white marks about the head.

Its nothing to do with anything wrong  dirty or unclean with these birds.

That explains it now thanks

ReplyQuote
Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
16/11/2020 8:13 am  

Number 5... however bred that youngster?,was it a blackfoot injun in the nest? think it could carry the "DIRTY " gene ,if it can avoid the hawks and falcons the next few years it possible would do well at the very long end

Dirty Jean. 

She was a stable hand I went out with, many, many years ago. Inlove Love In Love Crazy  

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
16/11/2020 8:14 am  

No, of course, we are talking about a different thing. 

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
16/11/2020 7:15 pm  
Posted by: @muzza

Dirty Jean. 

She was a stable hand I went out with, many, many years ago. Inlove Love In Love Crazy  

Laughing Out Loud Laugh Laughing Out Loud  

ReplyQuote
stevekulpa
(@stevekulpa)
Noble Member Registered
18/11/2020 5:26 pm  

Well done all I'll try and remember to get some photo's but as are darkness babies there still moulting at the moment 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2