Notifications
Clear all

Members thoughts on new forum

Page 1 / 4

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I have spoken to Chris today and he is still trying to get some of the issues sorted. Was hopefully having someone looking at it this evening.

We do seem to have lost a few members and only have a handful of regular members posting. I know it’s been very difficult times of late and some of the members have either given up or have health issues. 

It would be nice to see more members contributing. How do members feel about the new layout? Chris has suggested that he could try to resurrect the old layout. Do you think this would help? I don’t have a problem with the new format myself but we shouldn’t say I’m alright Jack if others are having problems. I do look on pigeon chat from time to time and see that that is pretty dead too. It could just be the way things are at present. 

After all the work and time that Chris has put into this site it would be a real shame for it to diminish much more. We did have a few new members coming on a few months ago but they seem to have stopped posting. 

Just need a few ideas on what can be done to get more members involved. 

Any suggestions welcome. 

Murray
(@murray)
Noble Member Registered

I spoke to Andy about this a short while ago, it seems a shame that it has got so quiet on here.

I have got used to the new format, and don't know that the old one would improve things, but I could be wrong.

Don't know what the answer is.   

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Paul
 Paul
(@paul1)
Reputable Member Registered

I am on a couple of other forums too Andy and agree that it seems quiet all round, I am on facebook too which does seem busier but its not the same as a proper forum and some of the posters don't have a clue.

As to making the forum more active i don't know, me personally i log on every day to see whats been happening and just enjoy reading all the other posts, as i am not racing this year i don't have a lot of input to give.I do find your posts about training for the channel  very interesting as thats my ultimate aim.

As to the forum layout i am fine with it but happy to go along with the majority should they want it changed.

ReplyQuote
stevekulpa
(@stevekulpa)
Noble Member Registered

Good topic Andy .The layout of the forum is only what you get used too it took me a while, I like Paul try to log in to see what's happening but finding the time is hard sometimes. I'm even behind with my race round up's as they take me about half an hour to put together, I will try to catch up next week when I should have a bit more time. I think the time and  effort Chris has put into this forum should be commended. Also you Andy for keeping the fresh topics going .You both keep up the good work.  

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered

i'm a member here and pigeonchat i'm also a member on facebook racing pigeons pigeonchat i'm on that all day as I find it easier pigeonchat has too many race results and a post you put on has gone in 10 mins. I find on here there just is not enough posts of interest  I like to post photos as I don't race but thought I was doing too many I would like to return but as I don't race feel it a waste of time  i'm also building a new family of birds good luck all just the one photo

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered

not sure why the photo did not post

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @rainbow

not sure why the photo did not post

The photo has posted George and the birds look great. The photos is one of the issues that Chris is trying to sort out. They should just be appearing as before but now only appear as attachments but when clicked on can be seen. 

You can’t do to many photos George and your input is always welcome. Doesn’t matter that you don’t race. 

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Noble Member Registered

i'm a member here and pigeonchat i'm also a member on facebook racing pigeons pigeonchat i'm on that all day as I find it easier pigeonchat has too many race results and a post you put on has gone in 10 mins. I find on here there just is not enough posts of interest  I like to post photos as I don't race but thought I was doing too many I would like to return but as I don't race feel it a waste of time  i'm also building a new family of birds good luck all just the one photo

Those pigeons look great, rainbow, as yours always do.

Quality.

Good to see you back on here. I hope you and your family are all well.

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered

these 6 ybs went to Christopher on here to race next year that's 8 ybs he has had  the pied and darker  checker  were from a hen  Steve & Paul bred  can't remember if posted this before

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Noble Member Registered

Great youngsters, George.

Look very healthy.

Well done.

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Petedav
(@petedav)

I like the new layout now I have got used to it, just miss the chat bit that used to be at the top of the page, well done all involved. 

ReplyQuote
lestheeagle
(@lestheeagle)
Famed Member Registered

I'm happy with it.

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Thanks for the feed back. Sounds like we are generally happy. Just need to see if we can get more topics up to keep member interaction. It has been a difficult year with all that’s gone on and I know others are like me and there’s not enough hours in the day {pear}:laugh: {pear}:laugh:  

ReplyQuote
chrisroscoe
(@chrisroscoe)
Member Admin

I shall see if we can get some sort of live chat at the top of the forum again if people feel that would be a benefit to the forum? , me and Andy are going to look into ways to keep things moving and have some sort of plan for 2021 with trying to get more members back on the site.
I feel with 2020 being a real bad year and people have just lost interested in pigeons maybe?
Any ideas that people on here, feel will improve or attract new members to the site me and Andy our both open to suggestions to get moving forward again.

Admin : https://www.ukpigeonracing.co.uk/
Enjoy the website and community.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)

Looking very smart George, a credit to you. It's always great to see other members photos and good to hear other views and opinions wether you are racing or not. I think we also need to remember its not just the pigeons or pigeon talk that makes this forum but the general chit chat that goes with it. 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4