Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Forum update

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Just to let you all know that we realise there have been issues with the new forum especially with the login in. 

I have been speaking to Chris about some of the issues and how they can be resolved. 

We do seem to have fewer active members posting regularly than we used to and although we have new members joining the forum none are actively participating. Somehow we need to encourage members to get involved on the forum. 

With the login in issue Chris is going to remove the captcha login by Sunday. It will remain on for new members registering which should stop spam but not for members already registered. 

Chris is also going to do a short video on how to use the forum a bit easier and is going to send out a mass email to new and old members to try to get more members posting. Obviously we can’t force members to post. 

Chris is also getting a new hosting by the 10th July which should make things run a little faster for some members. 

This all takes time and money for Chris and I think he’s doing a good job.

I did have a problem a couple of weeks ago when it locked me out of the site and I had to reset my password but generally don’t have a problem but know that some others do. Hopefully all these issues can be resolved. 

Are there any other issues that members would like to be looked into. 

Murray
(@murray)
Noble Member Registered

That is good to see, Andy.

I can see the benefit of a filter, but the reCaptcha program is a bit too aggressive. People wanting to join the site need to be screened. Thoroughly.

Members with a history of contributing, maybe not.

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
chrisroscoe
(@chrisroscoe)
Member Admin

i am have asked the forum support to see how i remove the captcha from the login page hopfully ill get a answer tonight or tomorrow

Admin : https://www.ukpigeonracing.co.uk/
Enjoy the website and community.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)

I agree Andy that Chris is doing a great job with the site as are you guys that support him in this. The new site is much better and I agree that there needs to be a way of stopping the spam and wasters getting on here and personally if Capcha is the safest way then I can live with that but if it can be removed from the regular posters it would be better. It would be interesting to find out why some members do seem to have stopped posting. 

I'm afraid I do have several frustrating issues with the site myself, it wouldn't even know how to explain some of them but I'll give you call sometime over the weekend Andy to try and explain some of them to you. A couple of easy ones to explain are that the distance and velocity checkers still don't work for me, also for some reason the recent posts page isn't updating for 24hrs even if I log out and then log back in again 🤔😕 

Keep up the good work though Chris and the team 👍🤠

This post was modified 10 months ago by Trevor Hodges

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)

Posted by: @trench

I agree Andy that Chris is doing a great job with the site as are you guys that support him in this. The new site is much better and I agree that there needs to be a way of stopping the spam and wasters getting on here and personally if Capcha is the safest way then I can live with that but if it can be removed from the regular posters it would be better. It would be interesting to find out why some members do seem to have stopped posting. 

I'm afraid I do have several frustrating issues with the site myself, it wouldn't even know how to explain some of them but I'll give you call sometime over the weekend Andy to try and explain some of them to you. A couple of easy ones to explain are that the distance and velocity checkers still don't work for me, also for some reason the recent posts page isn't updating for 24hrs even if I log out and then log back in again 🤔😕 

Keep up the good work though Chris and the team 👍🤠

I was wrong with the 3rd issue, it updates while I'm logged in but if I log out the recent posts page goes back as it was before I started posting and all my new posts disappear until I log in again 🤔😕

ReplyQuote
chrisroscoe
(@chrisroscoe)
Member Admin

@trench

have you tryed pressing f5 to refreah the page to see if that updates your recent posts ? i dunno why you would have this problem as mine show up :S but maybe refreshing the page may help

Admin : https://www.ukpigeonracing.co.uk/
Enjoy the website and community.

ReplyQuote