Walkers stopping co...

Notifications
Clear all

Walkers stopping courier from EU  

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
09/11/2020 2:54 pm  

Walkers transport have put out a message saying that they are stopping all transport of pigeons from Europe indefinitely from the week commencing 7th December due to uncertainties after Brexit. 

Could be the start of many changes. 

killer
(@killer)
Illustrious Member Registered
09/11/2020 5:55 pm  

Not good 

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
09/11/2020 7:36 pm  

Mmmm there could be a lot of companies in the same boat although I think they are being a little previous personally, the European hauliers/couriers are still going to want to trade over hear so I can't see things changing too much. 

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
09/11/2020 8:05 pm  

@trench the other problem is the ongoing saga over the possibility of having to quarantine pigeons on return from the continent for 21 days. As it stands at present any bird returning would have to be quarantined within the loft and wouldn’t be able to mix with any other birds in the loft. Totally impractical. Hopefully this will all be sorted and not implemented. The RPRA and the FCI are trying to sort something out. 

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Andy123

ReplyQuote
grizzlecock
(@grizzlecock)
Estimable Member Registered
09/11/2020 9:16 pm  
Posted by: @andy123

Walkers transport have put out a message saying that they are stopping all transport of pigeons from Europe indefinitely from the week commencing 7th December due to uncertainties after Brexit. 

Could be the start of many changes. 

best thing that could ever happen for the english boys.....feather merchants bringing in the usual crap from belgium ect.. with fancy pedigrees to boost prices will disappear.making us lads concentrate on building our own families...not buying into the bull in the british fancy press.

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
09/11/2020 9:21 pm  

@grizzlecock I’d agree with that. It’s all about the marketing. Many better pigeons over here than come over from abroad. 

ReplyQuote
Bryngwynt
(@bryngwynt)
Famed Member Registered
10/11/2020 11:34 am  

Thanks for this bit of information Andy, I had not seen this until I came on here last night.Still think to early to make decision until Brexit things are sorted.

looks like other couriers will take up the extra work in to Ireland anyway.If this is the case.

ReplyQuote