Talk of coming toge...

Notifications
Clear all

Talk of coming together  

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
21/10/2019 3:54 pm  

There could be a great coming together of some of the Nationals.
There are talks about the Bordeaux race around the 18th of July could combine the BICC, BBC, NFC and the MNFC. All going together as one. This could be a great race and back to the good old days for this one race. This could be the race that people would want to win. Could be 10,000 + birds. Although they would be raced as individual races for the different National clubs all the birds would be liberated together. It would mean for me that being already a member of the BICC, BBC and the NFC that I could nominate one pigeon or pigeons to compete in all 3 of these.
Bordeaux to me is 438mls so could send the odd yearlings.
Could be a great experience for our Barcelona birds that would in future be going to the Internationals. Be good experience being liberated with so many other birds.
Hopefully this will come together and prove a success. This could lead to more similar races in the future.

buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
21/10/2019 4:12 pm  

That would be great, I think more and more feds should do amalgamations and stop all this inbred crap that some do, when feds are at same racepoint and going same direction then all at once, regardless of areas for example Liverpool fed could be libbed same time as midlands birds as most often they fly over the Midlands to get home, think of the savings that could be made

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
21/10/2019 4:39 pm  

That would be great, I think more and more feds should do amalgamations and stop all this inbred crap that some do, when feds are at same racepoint and going same direction then all at once, regardless of areas for example Liverpool fed could be libbed same time as midlands birds as most often they fly over the Midlands to get home, think of the savings that could be made

Also makes it better the fact that there is no arguments about who goes first and others having to wait. Admittedly with this it would mean that even the shortest flyers will have 300+ miles before hitting the French Coast so should have sorted themselves out a bit by then so hopefully not getting dragged to far one way or another. But as you say mate no reason why even from shorter races, when all birds are going in the same general direction, they couldn’t still go together. I think it would also help with the hawk problem a bit. As rather than them hitting batch after batch as they go through on race days they will only have one real chance.

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
21/10/2019 5:42 pm  

Agree Andy with all you say

ReplyQuote
chrisroscoe
(@chrisroscoe)
Member Admin
22/10/2019 9:55 pm  

Said these kind of things should happen at fed level too if all coming to the same area

Admin : https://www.ukpigeonracing.co.uk/
Enjoy the website and community.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
24/10/2019 9:27 pm  

Sounds like a great idea, as others have said its a shame more organisations don't follow suit and form more combines like we used to have. It would make for much better and cheaper racing.

ReplyQuote
killer
(@killer)
Illustrious Member Registered
25/10/2019 2:07 am  

All you need is the right People in the right Positions & things will work ; cheers.

ReplyQuote