Clear all

Our birds getting spoilt.  

Page 2 / 2

Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
08/06/2020 8:42 pm  
Posted by: @lestheeagle

Lovely to see Trev. I see why your winning; its down to Lisa Laugh  

Your not wrong there mate, she certainly does the lions share of cleaning out for me Wink  

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
08/06/2020 8:48 pm  
Posted by: @muzza

Ta Da! Starry Eyes  

Loaded it up on another browser that that might be Google Chrome, et voila, as the French never say, clear as day. 

Yep, that's why you win races. The pigeons love Lisa! Inlove  

Glad you managed to watch the video's mate 👍 they certainly do love Lisa and she definitely makes my life easier, I would struggle without her help. She is raving bonkers around any animals or birds though Exhausted I just have to accept that any old waif or stray is more than welcome here but thats a small price to pay 👍

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
08/06/2020 8:51 pm  
Posted by: @andy123

Nice couple of videos Trev. That’s the way to have the birds. So settled and contented. 

They certainly are very contented and very spoilt bruv but it does make it a pleasure to be in the loft, nothing worse than scatty pigeons. I do have the odd scatty one but thankfully the majority tend to keep them calm. 

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
08/06/2020 8:53 pm  
Posted by: @chrisroscoe

nice birds mate Smile great videos

Cheers mate, hopefully we will see them back in your garden at some point in the future 🤞👍

ReplyQuote
Christopher1978
(@christopher1978)
Estimable Member Registered
08/06/2020 9:01 pm  

Great vid lovely pigeons 👍👍

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
08/06/2020 9:04 pm  
Posted by: @christopher1978

Great vid lovely pigeons 👍👍

Cheers mate 👍🤠

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
08/06/2020 9:32 pm  
Posted by: @trench
Posted by: @buster121

Two nice videos mate, second one keeps buffering but both play for me, like the look of that grizzle bouncing on top shelf

Cheers Buster, he is a 3 year old that Des Coulter gave me when he got rid of his birds last year. He is the sire of the Grizzle I sent Andy for the Barcelona loft, I have the nest mate here and 2 late breds from last year so have nothing tried from him yet. 

Will you try them this year

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
08/06/2020 10:05 pm  

Two nice videos mate, second one keeps buffering but both play for me, like the look of that grizzle bouncing on top shelf

Cheers Buster, he is a 3 year old that Des Coulter gave me when he got rid of his birds last year. He is the sire of the Grizzle I sent Andy for the Barcelona loft, I have the nest mate here and 2 late breds from last year so have nothing tried from him yet. 

Only if Lisa let’s him Buster 😂😂😂

ReplyQuote
Mizmo
(@mizmo)
Reputable Member Registered
08/06/2020 11:14 pm  

This video has sparked my curiosity, how many people here wear mask when inside ? I wear one whenever the birds are inside or if I am cleaning. As when they flap around so much gets airborne..surely that is the case in most lofts .or is it because mine is a basic shed ? I have seen many people enter without a mask and always wondered ,surely it brings up feather dust and other stuff  when they're flying ??

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
08/06/2020 11:24 pm  

@mizmo

I don’t wear one, never have. If the birds are calm they won’t fly around much when your in there. Mine only fly onto my shoulders and back to their perches/nest boxes while I’m in there. I clean my lofts out twice a day so never much to be blown around anyway. 

This post was modified 5 months ago by Andy123

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
09/06/2020 6:17 am  

I wear one when cleaning or catching birds, and when birds moulting all the time, when I go in to do pm feed not normally but hold breath when in sections as birds fly up and down for feed

Andy I also clean twice daily and still get lots dust flying about

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
10/06/2020 8:36 pm  
Posted by: @andy123

Only if Lisa let’s him Buster 😂😂😂

🤣😂🤣 not wrong there bruv Laugh  

Yes Buster I hope so, they will probably go with the youngsters later in the year. I do also have the nest mate of the grizzle Andy has that will be races this year.

I have also sold 4 youngsters off him (2 last year & 2 this year) to two brothers from Reigate who had previously brought birds form Des and wanted to buy him from me. I have now agreed that they can borrow him and another Coulter Cock bird I have next year to pair to a particular Coulter hen they have that has flown Tarbes and we will split the youngsters. 

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
10/06/2020 8:38 pm  
Posted by: @mizmo

This video has sparked my curiosity, how many people here wear mask when inside ? I wear one whenever the birds are inside or if I am cleaning. As when they flap around so much gets airborne..surely that is the case in most lofts .or is it because mine is a basic shed ? I have seen many people enter without a mask and always wondered ,surely it brings up feather dust and other stuff  when they're flying ??

I always wear one when I'm cleaning them out and whenever I am spending any length of time in the loft. 

ReplyQuote
Mizmo
(@mizmo)
Reputable Member Registered
10/06/2020 11:43 pm  

I assumed it was good practice . I've heard people getting asthma from the dust. Only problem is I have one mask and it's getting dirty. With this whole pandemic the price of a.mask.must be sky high! What I also do I spary dry droppings so they dont produce dust plus make it easy to scrape .

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2