Forum

Some old photos of ...

Notifications
Clear all

Some old photos of our Dad  

Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
15/03/2020 10:24 pm  

The Worthing and District H.S has been going for over 80 years (Andy might know exactly how long) and in its hey day was one of the strongest clubs on the south coast with over 40 flying members sending up to 600+ birds a week. Every year the annual dinner and prize giving was quite an event with plenty of silverware on show and over the years we had some top fliers as guests of honour to give out the prizes.
Our Mum recently found some old photos of our Dad at some of these annual prize giving, not sure how far back some of them go but they were well before my time.
-- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available --

Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
15/03/2020 10:26 pm  

A couple more I couldn't fit on the first post for some reason 🤔🤔
-- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available --

ReplyQuote
Potter29
(@potter29)
15/03/2020 10:30 pm  

👍🏻

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
15/03/2020 10:38 pm  

Some probably before my time Trev. Mum and Dad look really young in the first photo. I must have been very young then. I do remember the prize giving with Colin Osman, the last of the first lot of photos. I think I was racing by then. A bit more recent but love the second to last photo with Jed and Joan Jackson. Jed always wore his Christmas cracker hat at our dinner and dance and prize giving which was always around Christmas time. We would have upwards of 200 members, family and guests at these presentations. Great evenings.
Our dad would have died 16 years ago this year.
Nice photos Trev.

ReplyQuote
Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
15/03/2020 11:01 pm  

Lovely pictures!

Such great memories.

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
15/03/2020 11:55 pm  

Some probably before my time Trev. Mum and Dad look really young in the first photo. I must have been very young then. I do remember the prize giving with Colin Osman, the last of the first lot of photos. I think I was racing by then. A bit more recent but love the second to last photo with Jed and Joan Jackson. Jed always wore his Christmas cracker hat at our dinner and dance and prize giving which was always around Christmas time. We would have upwards of 200 members, family and guests at these presentations. Great evenings.
Our dad would have died 16 years ago this year.
Nice photos Trev.

They certainly were good evenings Andy, sadly its very different now. Many of those trophies are long gone and sadly are most of the members. Jed was quite a character and it was mostly thanks to him that we had so many distinguished guests of honour.
I think the first picture I the second group was Reg Trussler, I'll find out tomorrow as I am taking them to show Roy, Brian and Laurie. The last photo is Gordon Marsh and his wife, that was taken in 2000 only 3 years before Dad died.

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
16/03/2020 7:18 am  

Nice pictures mate

ReplyQuote
Petedav
(@petedav)
16/03/2020 9:20 am  

Great pictures.

ReplyQuote
devo56
(@devo56)
Member Admin
16/03/2020 5:09 pm  

Great photos, and very good memories for you lads.

ReplyQuote
lestheeagle
(@lestheeagle)
Noble Member Registered
16/03/2020 5:20 pm  

Side burns galore LoL

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
16/03/2020 5:39 pm  

Side burns galore LoL

He was a teddy boy back in the days LoL LoL

ReplyQuote
lestheeagle
(@lestheeagle)
Noble Member Registered
16/03/2020 5:40 pm  

Side burns galore LoL

He was a teddy boy back in the days LoL LoL
Like my old man LoL

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.

ReplyQuote