(@buster121)
Member Admin
15/05/2018 3:19 pm  

Got out this morning

devo56
(@devo56)
Member Admin
15/05/2018 4:08 pm  

Sorry to hear Buster, i hope it makes its way back mate.

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
15/05/2018 5:20 pm  

Highly unlikely mate never flown out, had 2 babies as well only rung them yesterday

ReplyQuote
devo56
(@devo56)
Member Admin
15/05/2018 8:37 pm  

I had a sock hen that got out and went back to Manchester, i went and picked it up, 2 weeks later it got out again and went back to Manchester. The guy told me the sheds were down so he could not get it in, Next day it was back at my loft, i trained it up and raced it being only a 2014 bird. It also flew the channel last year, and will be going again this year.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
15/05/2018 10:14 pm  

Highly unlikely mate never flown out, had 2 babies as well only rung them yesterday

You never know Buster, stranger things have happened. Hopefully the hen will continue to look after the babies and he does turn up.
Best wishes mate.

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
15/05/2018 10:24 pm  

I had a sock hen that got out and went back to Manchester, i went and picked it up, 2 weeks later it got out again and went back to Manchester. The guy told me the sheds were down so he could not get it in, Next day it was back at my loft, i trained it up and raced it being only a 2014 bird. It also flew the channel last year, and will be going again this year.

That's good going, hope she does well for you

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
15/05/2018 11:06 pm  

That’s a shame Buster. I hope you still manage to get the youngsters reared.

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
23/05/2018 8:28 pm  

What a complete and utter stupid fool I am, the missing bird had young and since he went other cocks have been trying to take box off the hen, took the one out couple days ago and put him with the youngsters, yesterday took another cock out as between them they have made a right mess of the hen, as she fights to protect box and young, anyway this morning put all youngsters in baskets and forget to lock door, was walking up garden and seen the 2 cocks fly up, one or both had flew onto door and as it was a hinged door it just swung open and off they went, so now missing three top stock birds

ReplyQuote
devo56
(@devo56)
Member Admin
23/05/2018 8:34 pm  

What a complete and utter stupid fool I am, the missing bird had young and since he went other cocks have been trying to take box off the hen, took the one out couple days ago and put him with the youngsters, yesterday took another cock out as between them they have made a right mess of the hen, as she fights to protect box and young, anyway this morning put all youngsters in baskets and forget to lock door, was walking up garden and seen the 2 cocks fly up, one or both had flew onto door and as it was a hinged door it just swung open and off they went, so now missing three top stock birds

Your having a bad week Buster, sorry to hear mate.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
23/05/2018 11:54 pm  

That's a real blow mate, as Dev says it's not been a good week for you.
They say bad things happen in threes mate so hopefully that's you're quota for a while.
Fingers crossed they come back mate.
All the best

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
24/05/2018 8:35 am  

That's a real blow mate, as Dev says it's not been a good week for you.
They say bad things happen in threes mate so hopefully that's you're quota for a while.
Fingers crossed they come back mate.
All the best

Can't see me getting any back as they have never flown out

ReplyQuote
PVDMR
(@pvdmr)
Member Moderator
24/05/2018 10:16 am  

Why on earth did you not Lock the hen up in her box,with a pot of water/food!!

Atb

You can buy The Mans Winning pigeons BUT not the Man that flys them!!

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
24/05/2018 12:42 pm  

Atb

Because all was well the other birds had there own boxes, another bloody pair has started now they was in the box below her

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
24/05/2018 11:23 pm  

Atb

Because all was well the other birds had there own boxes, another bloody pair has started now they was in the box below her

They can be a right pain this time of year with cock birds trying to take over as many boxes as they can, feel for you mate.

ReplyQuote