Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Sometimes, what you have is best.

Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

I only have a small loft, and sometimes small youngsters get a hard time when they are on the floor. 

A couple of years ago I had a young cock birds who was very aggressive. The babies were being knocked about. 😡

In a stroke of genius, I put a couple of bits of wood on two broken bricks. It is now a permanent part of the shed.

The babies have a place to jump up out of the way, and I put fresh grit under it every day. 

Total cost? Nothing.

On going benefit? Enormous. 😀

I

devo56
(@devo56)
Member Admin

Great move Murray, nothing worse for stress in youngsters. Great observation from you to sort problem out.

Buster121 liked
ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

It’s sometimes the simplest things that work best. 

Home of the ukpigeonracing test loft.

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

I intended to make proper shelves to go along there, but it never happened. Anyway I can pick them up and sweep along there when I sweep the loft. 

I can take them away when there's no small babies, but I usually don't. As well as the pots of grit hanging on the wire up on the front, I find they like to pick at the grit under the boards. 

Just another wee thing to make their home where they love to be. 😊 

I

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)

Looks like it works just fine Muzza, it is a tough time for our babies when first leaving the nest so anything we can do to make the transition easier for the them should pay dividends. I also like the grit idea, again it's good to keep things as natural as we possibly can for our birds. 

Happy birds are healthy birds 👍🤠

ReplyQuote