Notifications
Clear all

Pigeon Cage Help for indoor  

Page 2 / 2

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
14/11/2020 8:07 am  

Although rats do sometimes attack birds it’s not very common. Look at the number of rats around chicken farms. Most gardens will have rats in or near by. That’s the biggest problem with feeding the wild birds, it does encourage rats, not because of the birds but because of the seed that is dropped. 

If you are worried about the width of the bars in the dog crate just fit some wire netting or weld mesh over it. 

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered
14/11/2020 8:36 am  

maybe a rabbit hutch 

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
14/11/2020 6:43 pm  
Posted by: @optimusprime

trevor that cage you linked looks like the door would be small to put a pigeon through it?

if only i could get like a dog cage but tiny smaller holes so a rat cant get it

do mice attack birds like rats do or no?

i seen a mouse in my garden

this normal for bird feeders to get them?

the seeds i put out on the bird feeder the birds knock spill seeds on grass

I'm afraid wherever there is food there will more than likely be rats or mice, as long as you don't over feed the birds or leave food out over night there shouldn't be too much of a problem. I think you are worrying too much about rats or mice getting the bird indoors, again as long as you don't leave waste food around and keep the cage clean it shouldn't be a problem. If you do have a problem with vermin in the house then just keep some rat bait down in a suitable and safe place. 

As for the cage they are suitable for Parrots/Macaws which are bigger than pigeons so should be fine. 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2