Notifications
Clear all

Carpentry

Page 1 / 3

Murray
(@murray)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

Spent a few hours today, making some headway on the stock boxes I started a year or two ago.

Rather than building more free standing stock boxes, I am going to put 6 in this little shed.

I stood it up on the ground and loosely pinned it together to get a look at it.

Yep. That will work.

[attach]5018[/attach]
[attach]5019[/attach]

Regards

Murray.

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

Great start Murray, looking good. 

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Well done that looks the biz

ReplyQuote
killer
(@killer)
Illustrious Member Registered

Looks good ,

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  
Posted by: @muzza

Spent a few hours today, making some headway on the stock boxes I started a year or two ago.

Rather than building more free standing stock boxes, I am going to put 6 in this little shed.

Yep. That will work.

[attach]5018,5018[/attach]
[attach]5019,5019[/attach]

I will put a plywood ceiling on it, wrap it in the silver foil, and put a steel roof on it.

I have some short pieces of colour steel roofing which I was going to use, but they are assorted colours and would look a bit ordinary. Also, they have been laying on the ground for several years, I am too scared to lift them up. We have a wide range of venomous spiders and snakes all eagerly awaiting the chance to kill you. {blue}:shocked:  

If I put a 12 inch overhang on each end that will make it 6 feet overall. That's 6 x 1200mm pieces of steel. I already have a piece of ridge flashing.

Wont cost much.

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)

Yep. That will work.

I will put a plywood ceiling on it, wrap it in the silver foil, and put a steel roof on it.

I have some short pieces of colour steel roofing which I was going to use, but they are assorted colours and would look a bit ordinary. Also, they have been laying on the ground for several years, I am too scared to lift them up. We have a wide range of venomous spiders and snakes all eagerly awaiting the chance to kill you. {blue}:shocked:  

If I put a 12 inch overhang on each end that will make it 6 feet overall. That's 6 x 1200mm pieces of steel. I already have a piece of ridge flashing.

Wont cost much.

Coming along nicely Muzza, that will be just the job and if your existing loft is anything to go by it will be anything but ordinary 👍🤠😂 I think I'd probably leave those roofing sheets where the are too mate. {blue}:smile:   looking forward to seeing the finished article. 

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

So, after many moons of not getting anything done, I made a brave attempt at getting my little stock box put up today. Screwed some 200mm x 50mm treated pine into a square, got it more or less level and dropped the floor onto it. My wife, who is wonderful, helped me stand the walls up and held them while I banged screws in the corners. 

I cut and fitted the plywood ceiling, and was thinking how good this was going, when the sky opened up and it poured. 

Now I love plywood. It is lovely and square, so when you use it to make something, it will end up nice and square too. 🙂 But, unpainted plywood does not like getting wet. So I was frantically trying to get plastic over the roof, the wind was blowing it off, I was soaked to the skin, Oh I was having fun!

When it stopped, as suddenly as it began, I quickly wrapped the walls with blue foil, tidied up the plastic on the roof and agreed with my wife, who said that's enough. 

The sun came out, I let the birds out. Within 10 minutes there were a few poking around in there. I reckon if there was somewhere to perch, they would have tried it out! They weren't worried in the least.

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

Coming together nicely Murray. Should make a nice little loft. What have you got growing up the canes in front of the loft? 

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

Tomatoes, cucumbers, peas, sometimes all at once. {pear}:smile:  

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)

Nice one Muzza, good to hear it's all coming together nicely despite the best attempts of nature 🤠👍 looking forward to seeing it finished as I'm sure the birds will 😁

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)

Tomatoes, cucumbers, peas, sometimes all at once. {pear}:smile:  

Pigeon feed then mate 😉👍🤠

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

I have taken a couple of afternoons off this week, just because i can.

Did a bit more on the wee shed today. 

I think it will be ok.

[attach]5252[/attach]

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

Looking great Murray. Coming on nicely. 

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)

Well done Muzza, looks the buisness that does 👍🤠 Is it going to be blue and white or are you going for a contrast this time ?? 🤔🤔😉

ReplyQuote
Saul
 Saul
(@saul)
Trusted Member Registered

@muzza Is that your main loft in the stripes or a bathing hut 🙂

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3