Notifications
Clear all

Where has he been?

CDBL
 CDBL
(@cdbl)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hey all, I'm sorry I haven't been on in a while. Truth be told I've lost my driving license, gone insolvent, but am finally getting medical support. 

Anyway, to the amazing news I just found out about, I'm glad you sent the award to the right person Buster! I honestly thought Devo had bred the winner of the Barcelona race in Sussex! I was chuffed for Devo.

To be honest I owe him a lot, and I've been having a shit year... So who knows... Maybe more on the 5th December 😉

I just miss having somewhere to vent generally I guess. But you've got to be in it to win it they say. And let's face it. That's the main adrenaline rush.

We will see, I'm notoriously unreliable, but confident with it.

Hope all are well?

Chris 

Not so retired racer, part time webmaster and part time distiller

Bryngwynt
(@bryngwynt)
Famed Member Registered

Good to here from you Chris, sorry to here you are having a rough time this year.It’s been a very difficult time for all, but like Trevor said.You are more than welcome to post on here.

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

Good to see you back on Chris. Sorry to hear you’ve been having a bad time. It has been a tough year for all. Hope to see you back on more. Glad you are getting some help now. I’m sure you’ll pick yourself up again, you always seem to. As Trev says we are always here to listen and where we can help. 

Home of the ukpigeonracing test loft.

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered

Hi Chris. 

Sorry to hear that the business has not worked out, but many others are in the same situation.

It has been a tough year for many.

Pleased to hear you have some support, and you can vent about whatever you like.

I do. {pear}:smile:  

I am good! They aren't firing rubber bullets at me. Yet.
Welcome to Victoria, 2021.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)

Posted by: @muzza

Hi Chris. 

Sorry to hear that the business has not worked out, but many others are in the same situation.

It has been a tough year for many.

Pleased to hear you have some support, and you can vent about whatever you like.

I do. {pear}:smile:  

{blue}:laugh: {blue}:grinning: {blue}:laugh:  

ReplyQuote
Buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Hi Chris nice to see you around again sorry to hear about your woes but sure you will bounce back

Sadie's Loft's, home of great birds, just a poor loft manager

ReplyQuote
CDBL
 CDBL
(@cdbl)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

Back again, just been on phone to the McGee's its Barcelona this Friday... I saw Ian Evans on BBC a week ago roughly? Whats all the craic with international racing? The McGee's have got 20 going from the Barcelona One Loft: Goldenwingschallenge, but were on the cusp of giving up this year. Now we're wondering whether to bring back, as you'd only need to quarantine on first arrival at loft. What are people's thoughts? I suppose it puts a spanner in the works for UK's Barcelona OLR - The one up Norfolk way.

In other news, obviously I went bankrupt due to gin in September, did try to make a comeback earlier this year as a sole trader and having the gin contract produced by another distillery, but it was unsuccessful. Still paying off the £1.1k bill... But I'll confess for the last few years I've had an issue with smoking weed, I'm now clean, which is the best as I spent like £800 on it in July last year!!! How I thought that was acceptable I don't know... But from now on it's money in my pocket.

On the Aspergers diagnosis. I kind of ignored it. I just saw it as a label that I had and tried to carry on, but I've now read a great book that explains it to me really easily. I'm just differently wired, my life will never be the defined normal. But that's OK. Book is called "Been there. Done that. Try this!" and is a collection of short essays on topics ranging from dating, to work, to life admin.

Anyway, how are all? What's been happening? Sorry I haven't been on for 7 months!

Chris

ReplyQuote
Buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Hey Chris great to see you about again, nice to see things back on the up for you, weed never a good idea gets very expensive,  I know to many folks who do use it and can see where they are heading

Sadie's Loft's, home of great birds, just a poor loft manager

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

Great to see you back on Chris. Sorry to hear your Gin project didn’t work out, good to hear you are still up beat.

Well done on stopping with the wacky backy, not good for anyone. Plenty of that going on in our little town  along with harder drugs. You can smell it when walking around the town and some customers seem to be oblivious to how strong they smell of it. 

I don’t know what’s happening with the Barcelona One Loft over here, I thought it was in Brighton!! 

Racing over here as been very difficult this year with one minute we can race South, then we can’t, then we can, then we can’t after all. The clubs have been constantly changing their race programs. At present we are unable to race from over the channel. Plus we’ve had some terrible races.

I myself had a disastrous training toss before the season started which resulted in me losing many pigeons that were showing promise. I am still continuing with our goal of testing pigeons from our members and trying to produce a long distance family. Although at present this is looking like being on the North Road instead of South. Could be Lerwick at 630 miles instead of Barcelona. May have to think about renaming our challenge. Maybe the marathon loft challenge or something lol. 

Anyway good to hear from you again Chris, call in more often 👍

ReplyQuote
CDBL
 CDBL
(@cdbl)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

@andy123 Meh, it's one of those things, if I hadn't tried to set up the gin, I'd only have regretted it. Lot's of people said they loved it, very few converted into sales when needed. I had 4 or 5 good customers, but you can't manage on 4 or 5...

Yeh its been a nightmare, I've been an on/off smoker (mainly on) since university. I made it right up to the age of 18 without even touching a cigarette... But I've been clean some 21 days or so now.

I was going to ask about the distance loft. It all seems like a pigging nightmare. As I say John and Lou are contemplating whether a Barcelona Loft in France may actually be worthwhile continuing.

I was looking at possibly entering RPRA again, I see they are doing there yearlings race now. For all the birds that make it through the young bird, if their owners wish to keep them on. I believe they go up to Scotland for that, on from Alnwick which is the young bird final. I am tempted, mainly as I've just been looking at Race Horse ownership, but 5% is £1k plus £150 monthly...

Something I may well revisit towards end of the season. The savings on wacky baccy are somewhat burning a hole... I saw the pictures put up, although no idea when they were taken. Are any of devo and my birds there still? I hear Devo hasn't been on. I spoke to him this morning, he seems to be really going through it, slipped discs in his back and trapped nerves at the moment.

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

@cdbl I haven’t heard from Devo for a while, I must get in contact again. I had 2 of your birds here at the start of the season but lost them both in training. I do have offspring from them though in the young bird team. 

ReplyQuote
CDBL
 CDBL
(@cdbl)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

@andy123 Who knows, they may turn up again someday. Interesting to hear you've got youngsters, the pic I saw was a red hen? Paired to the chq cock? Yeh I think his diagnosis around Christmas hit him hard, and then this on top. He says he hasn't really been on facebook or forum in a long time.

ReplyQuote