community

Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Kneeout
(@kneeout)
Topic starter  

Hi just joined your forum ,to learn from you all ,don’t know anything about keeping or racing pigeons,it’s something that’s always interested me,and would love to have a loft and a team of racers not going to become a champion or household name but if I can race a few and get them home I would count that as a success,don’t plan to start just yet but need to know what I’m doing and sort loft out before anything else ,looking after livestock is not sonthing new always had dogs and keep and show canary’s with some success but would like to have few pigeons about when I retire  don’t even know if I would race north or south but will sort this when I find local club and other racers am in south Northamptonshire 

buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Welcome to the site, you will get plenty of help from the members on here, main thing is never think any question is a silly one and there is more than one answer to same question and lastly enjoy the birds when you get some

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

Welcome to the site. Plenty of great members on here willing to give advice. As Buster says you will get many different ideas and advice as there’s no right or wrong way of keeping them apart from a few fundamentals. The main one being the loft. Doesn’t matter on size, depending on the numbers kept, as long as it’s dry and safe for the birds. 

You will have many different decisions to make but a great sport to get into.

Whether you decide to race or not, and at what level, you just want to enjoy having the birds. 

Ask as many questions as you want, there’ll always be someone willing to give advice, and as said, no question is a silly one. 

Best of luck with your new venture. 

ReplyQuote
Petedav
(@petedav)

Welcome to the site, great bunch of lads on here 

ReplyQuote
Bryngwynt
(@bryngwynt)
Famed Member Registered

Welcome to the site, I hope you take part.Like what’s been said, no question is a silly question if you don’t know the answer.Well hope you enjoy the site and look forward to see your progress with getting a loft set up etc.

ReplyQuote
chrisroscoe
(@chrisroscoe)
Member Admin

Posted by: @kneeout

Hi just joined your forum ,to learn from you all ,don’t know anything about keeping or racing pigeons,it’s something that’s always interested me,and would love to have a loft and a team of racers not going to become a champion or household name but if I can race a few and get them home I would count that as a success,don’t plan to start just yet but need to know what I’m doing and sort loft out before anything else ,looking after livestock is not sonthing new always had dogs and keep and show canary’s with some success but would like to have few pigeons about when I retire  don’t even know if I would race north or south but will sort this when I find local club and other racers am in south Northamptonshire 

welcome to the site, i am also from northamptonshire im in the burton latimar and wellingborough area.

just ask away theres loads of members willing to give advise and help where we can.

Admin : https://www.ukpigeonracing.co.uk/
Enjoy the website and community.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)

Welcome the forum Kneeout, hope you find it both useful and enjoyable.

As others have already there are many ideas on how to keep and race pigeons, there is plenty of information and knowledge on this site so read the articles and keep asking questions and we will help out the best way we can. The main thing for me is when first starting up just keep it simple or you will soon bog yourself down and the pleasure will soon disappear. Over time you will find a set up, system and birds that suit you and the time you have. 

Look forward to hearing more from you and following your progress, enjoy 🤠👍

ReplyQuote
killer
(@killer)
Illustrious Member Registered

Welcome ,

ReplyQuote
Kneeout
(@kneeout)
Topic starter  

Thanks for the warm welcome ,yes their are pleanty questions,pleanty to learn ,Chris I saw their were some racers in burton latt  in the British homing world also Leighton buzz ,it’s early days and it’s not going to happen just yet,but happen it will ,in the meantime pleanty reading and searching the web ,just read Alf bakers book thoroughly enjoyed it thanks again  

ReplyQuote
grizzlecock
(@grizzlecock)
Reputable Member Registered

Posted by: @kneeout

Hi kneeout if you can condition canaries you wont have any problemswith racing pigeons...wish you so well for your future mate

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

@kneeout you will pick up a lot of information just by reading through several of the posts on here. Enjoy the site and keep us informed of what your doing. 

ReplyQuote