Notifications
Clear all

Hello it’s me Christopher

Page 1 / 6

Christopher1978
(@christopher1978)
Estimable Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hello everyone I don’t like to ask but my little loft is almost finished I would like a few late breads youngsters if any one got any free so I can pick up hope any one can help me thanks Christopher

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

Chris, latebreds aren’t generally bred until after the old bird season has finished, usually from birds that have been repaired after racing around July/August time.

ReplyQuote
Christopher1978
(@christopher1978)
Topic starter  

Thanks Andy I don’t like asking but like some help if any one can 👍

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered

Christopher I don't think you understand the keeping of pigeons late bred bird s are birds bred June/July not April I don't think many fanciers will be breeding many latebreds this year as they still have most of the ybs bred and the old birds you may find you are going to have to buy ybs to be honest this is not the time to start up see if a club member in your area may have one pair of old birds for you lets see what other members say but I do wish you all the best one other to get birds by courier is £50

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered

Chris, latebreds aren’t generally bred until after the old bird season has finished, usually from birds that have been repaired after racing around July/August time.

sorry Andy I had not read your post before posting mine george

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Noble Member Registered

Hi, Chris,

I am sure that with the racing this year being unlikely or very restricted, some people will have young birds in their sheds that they will be happy for you to have.

Good people, the fanciers on here. Someone will help a new starter out, I am sure.

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Noble Member Registered

Maybe even a pair of retired racers, looking for a good home? 😀

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Christopher1978
(@christopher1978)
Topic starter  

I just want a few good young birds if any one will help me much appreciate just to get me started free or cheap as I am very skint cash flow I no were are all in the same boat thanks Christopher

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered

Christopher you cannot travel for birds and a courier is £50 are there no fanciers near you for you to ask

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered

Christopher you cannot travel for birds and a courier is £50 are there no fanciers near you for you to ask
[/quote
Christopher you need to wise up pigeons are not for someone skint you need to speak with a local fancier what is involved in the care of pigeons what i''m trying to tell you in a nice way is no fancier will give you birds until they see your setup and that you can look after them so let me explain again speak with a local fancier you will find that is the best way to go

ReplyQuote
Christopher1978
(@christopher1978)
Topic starter  

There is but big sport in Birmingham were I live no one wants to give me any birds I don’t mind going to collect honest I don’t I had to travel to get my shed I am just making a spunick trap flight for them on the front of my loft 👍

ReplyQuote
Christopher1978
(@christopher1978)
Topic starter  

I will look after them done bit research and basically no how to keep them my dads brother use to race them many years back and done really well distances from France he had birds direct off Martin krauth if that make sense just some thing I have always wanted to do and now I have a chance just pleas I need some help thanking you Christopher

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

I just want a few good young birds if any one will help me much appreciate just to get me started free or cheap as I am very skint cash flow I no were are all in the same boat thanks Christopher

Chris I am sure there is lots of flyers in your local area that will help you out many will be glad to let youngsters go with this covid and racing on hold

ReplyQuote
Christopher1978
(@christopher1978)
Topic starter  

More bits done to loft no one around my area can help me so I just need some help pleas much appreciate it I don’t mind travel thanks Christopher-- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available --

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)

More bits done to loft no one around my area can help me so I just need some help pleas much appreciate it I don’t mind travel thanks Christopher

Getting there mate 👍 you have plenty of time so don't get in a panic, just make sure the loft is ready and you have all you need before you get the birds.
There is plenty of good reading and information on this site to help you out as well.
All the best.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 6