Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] The benefits of wheatgerm oil  

gazb
 gazb
(@gazb)
Prominent Member Registered
09/12/2011 3:47 pm  

Whetgerm Oil, has the highest content of vitamin E there is.
For centuries the wheat stem with the wheat kernels, have been the symbol of fertility. Given to pigeons a couple of weeks prior to breeding, not only makes your birds glisten with health, it will make the cocks more amorous, with the hens.
1 tablespoon of oil to a kilo of corn every other day, will seriously improve your breeding success rate. Especially if you use older stock birds like I do.
Not only is it good for fertility. It also improves your birds immune system as it's also rich in vitamin A and vitamin D. It's a fantastic health restorer and conditioner rich in protein.
Health benefits of wheat germ oil include improving the overall working of the heart. Research has shown beneficial effects of octacosanol and specifically policosanol in improving cardiovascular functions.
Octacosanol significantly strengthens the muscular and nervous system, increases optimal storage of glycogen in the muscles, promote muscle coordination, improve muscle growth and increase exercise tolerance, wheat germ oil decreases fatigue in the muscles and improves endurance, relieves muscle spasms, very important in racing pigeons.
The high content of vitamin E in Wheat germ oil got itself a reputation as a "fertility vitamin" early on. When it was being tested on laboratory animals, it gave every sign of deserving that reputation. When male animals were deprived of vitamin E, their testicles shrank. In pregnant female animals with vitamin E deficiency, the fetuses were reabsorbed into the uterus, preventing the animals from bearing young. Giving the animals even a single drop of vitamin E–rich wheat germ oil restored their fertility. In fact, vitamin E got its scientific name, tocopherol, from this particular ability. It means "to bring forth offspring." In numerous studies with wheat germ oil was found, that an improvement of reproductive capacity was found in our birds.

chrisroscoe
(@chrisroscoe)
Member Admin
09/12/2011 5:11 pm  

nice little read again

Admin : https://www.ukpigeonracing.co.uk/
Enjoy the website and community.

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
09/12/2011 7:03 pm  

yes another good read

ReplyQuote
gazb
 gazb
(@gazb)
09/12/2011 10:25 pm  

I'll teach ya. LOL LoL

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
09/12/2011 11:31 pm  

good i need a teacher lol

ReplyQuote
gazb
 gazb
(@gazb)
09/12/2011 11:48 pm  

Lol, I usually get slagged off for giving novices advice, it's usually by the better fanciers who live nearby. Because it levels up the playing field.

ReplyQuote
gazb
 gazb
(@gazb)
29/12/2011 12:29 pm  

No probs mate.

ReplyQuote
killer
(@killer)
Illustrious Member Registered
14/02/2012 6:05 am  

Yep another good product ;vit E is a great thing; to use on the older stock birds also ;ive had some older cocks over the years throw a few more babys after there use by date ;using it . cheers Dave

ReplyQuote
bigcock
(@bigcock)
Estimable Member Registered
14/02/2012 11:24 am  

nothing wrong wiv giving the novices advice if we dint then the sport prob wudda died out long ago id say

ReplyQuote
killer
(@killer)
27/05/2012 11:26 am  

sounds a good idea

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
27/05/2012 12:39 pm  

a very good idea mate

ReplyQuote
gazb
 gazb
(@gazb)
28/05/2012 1:48 am  

My younguns get it twice a week

ReplyQuote
killer
(@killer)
28/05/2012 3:20 am  

good seeing you back :buster has been giving me hell ?lol

ReplyQuote
Stepney
(@stepney)
New Member Registered
01/09/2019 6:24 pm  

I was told to put the YB in to a heavy moult , at the end of the season, feed them wheat & barly & only let them out to bath, keep them lock up.they will be fully moulted by Christmas. That's within 3 mouths. ❓

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
01/09/2019 10:52 pm  

I was told to put the YB in to a heavy moult , at the end of the season, feed them wheat & barly & only let them out to bath, keep them lock up.they will be fully moulted by Christmas. That's within 3 mouths. ❓

Hi Stepney.
I can't say I have heard that myself but barley will certainly help them with the moult and I know years ago fanciers would swap wheat for Barley at the end of the season, separate the sexes and keep them shut in for a month or two.
All the best.

ReplyQuote