Forum

Notifications
Clear all

no ybs

Page 2 / 2

Buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Mate;just a few simple questons ;[1] how many pairs of stock birds have you got?[2] how big is the stock loft? [3]how many breeding compartents is there? [4] are you 100% sure your got your hens & cocks right ;meaning = cocks & hens ?[5] what direction over there does the sun come up & go down? [6] what direction is your stock loft facing ?;the reason i'm asking about the sun ;is it comes up in the east over here & sets in the west & through observation 'i know your water goes down the sink anti clock wise ;compared to ours going down clock wise ;these might seem silly questions ;but i'm trying to get to the reason for your problems ?'cheers
Hi 16 pairs in 2 6x6 sections with 12 boxes in each yes cocks and hens the sun rises on them from the east and sets in the west they are in full sun most of the day the loft is facing south east cheers for any help

Sadie's Loft's, home of great birds, just a poor loft manager

ReplyQuote
killer
(@killer)
Illustrious Member Registered

Thats is the most perfect set up ;sun on the back of nest boxes in morning & on front last thing at night :is your ceiling of loft lined ;do you put a cover over the front of loft at night ;is the floor concrete or wooden? ;are the pairs locked in nest boxes untill they lay?are your birds leaving the babys ? how many times a day are you going into the loft?what are they nesting in & on ? cheers

ReplyQuote
Buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Thats is the most perfect set up ;sun on the back of nest boxes in morning & on front last thing at night :is your ceiling of loft lined ;do you put a cover over the front of loft at night ;is the floor concrete or wooden? ;are the pairs locked in nest boxes untill they lay?are your birds leaving the babys ? how many times a day are you going into the loft?what are they nesting in & on ? cheers
the sun rise on the front sets at side as I said in full sun nearly all day ceiling just wood n felt no cover on front wooden floor pairs are not locked in boxes not leaving young just not laying to get any I go down twice to feed they nest on straw cheers

ReplyQuote
chrisroscoe
(@chrisroscoe)
Member Admin

You split them back up yet ??

Admin : https://www.ukpigeonracing.co.uk/
Enjoy the website and community.

ReplyQuote
Buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

You split them back up yet ??
not yet

ReplyQuote
killer
(@killer)
Illustrious Member Registered

Mate if your got young stock pairs ;i would be locking them in there nests untill they lay ;it stops the young cocks from racing from nest to nest ;& settles them down ;also its the only way you know what are the parents of your youngings ? ;looks to me the stock pairs haven't settled yet to new loft ;lock them up ? cheers

ReplyQuote
redcockmike
(@redcockmike)
Trusted Member Registered
Topic starter  

my stock r split after breeding n repaired endof old birds racing n split after a round then not paired bk up till xmas

ReplyQuote
Buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

why do you split them then repair end of season

ReplyQuote
chrisroscoe
(@chrisroscoe)
Member Admin

gets your birds split up mate give them time apart 😀 they shud start to breed when put them back together

Admin : https://www.ukpigeonracing.co.uk/
Enjoy the website and community.

ReplyQuote
redcockmike
(@redcockmike)
Trusted Member Registered
Topic starter  

so wen everyone wud split them n pair them k up any help is better

ReplyQuote
Buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin