Notifications
Clear all

does anyone use Diatomaceous earth?  

Paul
 Paul
(@paul1)
Reputable Member Registered
17/10/2020 11:42 am  

I have just ordered some to treat the chickens for redmite and lice, does anyone here use it on pigeons at all?

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
17/10/2020 3:24 pm  

Haven’t used it but do sell it in the shop for chickens. I think it is a good product should be fine to use with the pigeons. It is a great drying agent that not only kills mites and lice but is also good for breaking the life cycle of worms as it would dry them out on the floor and prevent eggs from hatching. I think it could be use under and around nest bowls and under deep litter. Personally though I would rather use limestone flour in the loft. 

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered
17/10/2020 3:30 pm  

Paul I would use nothing for chickens on my pigeons I know it's not the same thing but I give my birds condition seed for chickens the cocks were ok but 3 hens without any warning just fell  off the perch dead it's very rare for this to happen to me in one bird but 3 was down to the seed other members may tell you it's ok  they have used

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
17/10/2020 4:41 pm  
Posted by: @paul1

I have just ordered some to treat the chickens for redmite and lice, does anyone here use it on pigeons at all?

Great product use it all the time, if you have food grade even better as can be mixed with feed, I also mix with limestone flour to use on floor

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
17/10/2020 4:43 pm  
Posted by: @rainbow

Paul I would use nothing for chickens on my pigeons I know it's not the same thing but I give my birds condition seed for chickens the cocks were ok but 3 hens without any warning just fell  off the perch dead it's very rare for this to happen to me in one bird but 3 was down to the seed other members may tell you it's ok  they have used

George it is used for a whole host of things even down to putting on plants, trees and other places, you can even take it yourself has to be one of the best products available

ReplyQuote
Paul
 Paul
(@paul1)
Reputable Member Registered
17/10/2020 6:51 pm  
Posted by: @buster121
Posted by: @paul1

Great product use it all the time, if you have food grade even better as can be mixed with feed, I also mix with limestone flour to use on floor

yep it is food grade so i could add it to food too, i have used it on the chickens for ages and they do well on it. cheap as chips too.

ReplyQuote