Window licker equiv...

Notifications
Clear all

Window licker equivalent??  

Mizmo
(@mizmo)
Reputable Member Registered
10/06/2020 11:48 pm  

So i was working outside the loft making a few more boxes to fill the space on the back .when I could hear what I would describe as water dropping.being it was sunny I investigated further till i found the source .surely this one ain't normal .must have been dropped as a egg 🤣😂

This topic was modified 5 months ago by Mizmo

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
11/06/2020 5:32 am  

Something there that it wanted. Do you have grit and minerals in the loft?

ReplyQuote
Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
11/06/2020 9:05 am  

Yes, it know it needs something, but doesn't know what.

Get some mineral grit, give them some fresh every day. If you put a big heap in with just a few pigeons, it will get full of dust and muck after a while.

Also, it might be wanting some greens. A silverbeet leaf, or a little spinach, chopped up so they can eat it, might be appreciated.

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Mizmo
(@mizmo)
11/06/2020 1:21 pm  

@andy123 just grit no mineral as they dont eat it (so havent given them since (been maybe a month)

ReplyQuote
Mizmo
(@mizmo)
11/06/2020 1:23 pm  

@muzza the grit I leave out looks as fresh as when I put it in ,as I inspect it everyday. Will it still need changing? 

I will go and get some spinach today see if the do eat it .I've never heard of a silver leaf beet and wouldnt know where to get it from 

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
11/06/2020 4:46 pm  

I buy cress for my birds every so often. They love it. 

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered
11/06/2020 6:56 pm  

give cress every week

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
11/06/2020 7:25 pm  

Are you sure it's not half woodpecker mate 🤔🤣😂

Seriously though it obviously wants something, I would keep trying the grit minerals even if you just put a bit in the feeders after feeding every day as it might take them a while to get used to it. As others have said greens is another possibility, mine get a couple of lettuces every week. I take it none of the others are acting in the same way !!

Of course it could just be a sandwich short of a picnic Laughter To Tears  

This post was modified 5 months ago 2 times by Trevor Hodges

ReplyQuote
Mizmo
(@mizmo)
14/06/2020 12:32 am  

@trench  it's only that one bird.i bought red mineral they dont even take notice of it ! So I'm going to try cress now. I have bought more grit columbine range . Definitely not a woodpecker 🤣 fu nilly enough ,unless my eyes deceived me .I saw on of them roll like a roller in the sky. That cant be right can it ???

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
14/06/2020 7:26 pm  
Posted by: @mizmo

@trench  it's only that one bird.i bought red mineral they dont even take notice of it ! So I'm going to try cress now. I have bought more grit columbine range . Definitely not a woodpecker 🤣 fu nilly enough ,unless my eyes deceived me .I saw on of them roll like a roller in the sky. That cant be right can it ???

They will take the grit and minerals if they need it mate, just leave it in the loft so its available if the birds want it. 

As for one of them being a roller well I guess that depends on the integrity of the person you brought them from, it's more likely it's just youngsters having fun. They will do some strange things when they are flying especially if its windy. 

All the best

ReplyQuote