Notifications
Clear all

Strange Strays  

Page 2 / 2

Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
07/08/2019 11:51 am  

Anyway, this poor blue bar, he has been sent to his first race last Saturday. He has got lost, been picked up by the Bendigo pigeons and ended up at my place, much latter.

He is hungry and confused. So he dives into the loft.

I grab him, stick him in a hamper and track down where he came from.

The pigeon spends 36 hours in a box, then I kick him out. The bird obviously has a go at getting home, gets hit by a falcon, and arrives back still lost, and hurt.

So I call his owner, who promptly abandons him, by telling me I can keep him.

This afternoon I let him out with my pigeons, and they are immediately attacked by the hawk. Shock So he gets another chasing which he probably does not need.

After all that, he still goes back into the loft, has a feed with the others and finds a perch. He lets me pick him up and check him over.

I tell you, this pigeon deserves a break. LoL LoL

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
07/08/2019 10:16 pm  

Anyway, this poor blue bar, he has been sent to his first race last Saturday. He has got lost, been picked up by the Bendigo pigeons and ended up at my place, much latter.

The pigeon spends 36 hours in a box, then I kick him out. The bird obviously has a go at getting home, gets hit by a falcon, and arrives back still lost, and hurt.

This afternoon I let him out with my pigeons, and they are immediately attacked by the hawk. Shock So he gets another chasing which he probably does not need.

After all that, he still goes back into the loft, has a feed with the others and finds a perch. He lets me pick him up and check him over.

Poor little fella, and you sound just like the person who will give him the break he needs Grin

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
07/08/2019 11:06 pm  

If a stay appears here Roxanna tries to get them in. She says she hates to see a pigeon lost 😂😂 Trouble is then I have to hope they just disappear. I do take them training with me and throw them out but the odd ones keep returning 😂

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
08/08/2019 11:07 pm  

If a stay appears here Roxanna tries to get them in. She says she hates to see a pigeon lost 😂😂 Trouble is then I have to hope they just disappear. I do take them training with me and throw them out but the odd ones keep returning 😂

I have to admit I'm the same Andy 😀 I guess part of it is that I hope that others would do the same for my birds.

ReplyQuote
Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
09/08/2019 12:07 pm  

Poor little fella, and you sound just like the person who will give him the break he needs Grin

I don't collect strays. In almost ten years I have allowed two pigeons to stay.

Apparently, this is the third. LoL

He is very clever. He has figured out how the system works. Two days and he is doing his best to merge into the blue army. LoL LoL

The pigeon has very ordinary droppings. I suppose he has come out of a system where they are medicated every week after the races. It wont happen here.

I use garlic and apple cider vinegar. When the pigeon had a deep suck on the mixture last night, he shook his head and nearly fell over! LoL

I did notice that he is quite well today, and very clean in the wattle. In a week, I expect him to be passing good droppings, like the rest of them.

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2