Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Had a youngster

buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Come in this morning ''Z'' ring I know it's a national ring, has phone ring and wing stamped phoned several times straight to voicemail, left message and owner still not returned call

Potter29
(@potter29)

I had same other day numerous calls and voicemails ! Nothing ! so built it bk up n libbed it closer to home ,

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)

I'm afraid if it was me I would give it a couple of days and if still no contact I would be contacting the RPRA, it annoys me how ignorant and irresponsible some fanciers can be (thankfully still the minority) they don't deserve to keep pigeons in my opinion.

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

I haven’t actually had to many in yet this year. Had a lot last year and reported most of them but not many wanted them back or just said let them out. I did have a couple that I reported through the union as got no response when I tried to contact the owners direct. I’ll help anyone to get their pigeon back but only if they are willing.
I have got an unrung stray here at present, which is even more frustrating. I have taken it when I’ve gone training and it has come back. I did think it had gone the other day when mine disappeared for a long time and it didn’t come back with them. When I got up the following morning it was sitting on the loft waiting to be let in,

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I'm afraid if it was me I would give it a couple of days and if still no contact I would be contacting the RPRA, it annoys me how ignorant and irresponsible some fanciers can be (thankfully still the minority) they don't deserve to keep pigeons in my opinion.

Agree 100% and yes I said to wife will give it day or two then report, wasn't expecting a return straight away as maybe at work etc but would of thought would have by now, youngster still has down and squeaking

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I haven’t actually had to many in yet this year. Had a lot last year and reported most of them but not many wanted them back or just said let them out. I did have a couple that I reported through the union as got no response when I tried to contact the owners direct. I’ll help anyone to get their pigeon back but only if they are willing.
I have got an unrung stray here at present, which is even more frustrating. I have taken it when I’ve gone training and it has come back. I did think it had gone the other day when mine disappeared for a long time and it didn’t come back with them. When I got up the following morning it was sitting on the loft waiting to be let in,

Strays always seem to stick around better than your own lol

ReplyQuote
PVDMR
(@pvdmr)
Member Moderator

Nothing new....had a stray..abit back,Dark cock that raced north road,turned out it had 4x1st and feds
Dropped in with my youngsters
Called the owners,the women on the other end said that was our nom pigeon last week.
She sent a courier straight away,never got a thank you.
Over years had all the excuses....can’t afford to send for it...can you dispose of it,I don’t race anymore..etc etc
Now I get them right and lib them.

Atb

You can buy The Mans Winning pigeons BUT not the Man that flys them!!

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Still no contact so will report via RPRA tomorrow

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Reported to the RPRA and only belongs to John Bradley, so Stu if you still need a number for him I have it

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

Good that you have found who it belongs to Buster, hope you get things sorted now.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)

Reported to the RPRA and only belongs to John Bradley, so Stu if you still need a number for him I have it

Good news mate, pleased to hear it.
Got a stray in today myself with no contact information on her so will have to report her through the RPRA.

ReplyQuote