community

Forum

Long distance is fo...

Notifications
Clear all

Long distance is for those with patience, perhaps not...  

Page 2 / 2

Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
20/08/2019 10:31 am  

There are two types of Distance birds ; The Stayers & the Get home at all costs type ; i'm trying to eliminate the Stayers as all they do is stay at the point & don't come home lol cheers

Very good, killer! Grin LoL

I really don't care, distance racing doesn't interest me very much.

I would happily race every week from 100 or 150 or 200 miles with widowhood cocks. Grin Grin Grin

But everyone has their own aims in the sport, which makes the game more interesting. I like to go on PIPA and see who has excelled in the big national and international races.

I just wouldn't be doing it myself.

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
20/08/2019 10:08 pm  

There are two types of Distance birds ; The Stayers & the Get home at all costs type ; i'm trying to eliminate the Stayers as all they do is stay at the point & don't come home lol cheers

LoL LoL

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
20/08/2019 10:52 pm  

I would happily race every week from 100 or 150 or 200 miles with widowhood cocks. Grin Grin Grin

But everyone has their own aims in the sport, which makes the game more interesting. I like to go on PIPA and see who has excelled in the big national and international races.

I used to be like that Muzza. Since starting back though I decided that I was going to concentrate on the long distance. Although a lot of waiting it’s great when after many hours on the wing to see one drop. We can only imagine what they have gone through to get home. I do want birds that can do it in good time and not ones that turn up days or weeks later.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
20/08/2019 11:23 pm  

I used to be like that Muzza. Since starting back though I decided that I was going to concentrate on the long distance. Although a lot of waiting it’s great when after many hours on the wing to see one drop. We can only imagine what they have gone through to get home. I do want birds that can do it in good time and not ones that turn up days or weeks later.

I have done the opposite, distance racing used to be my thing but since having the birds back again I am enjoying the shorter races. I haven't really got any goals at the moment and my system certainly won't compete with the big guns in sprint racing. My foundation of birds are mostly distance birds but I did get some shorter distance pigeons last year who's offspring are certainly coming well this youngbird season. For now I am just enjoying being back in the sport and will just see where it takes me.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2