Notifications
Clear all

New arrivals coming soon  

Page 2 / 2

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
06/11/2018 8:57 am  

That would be good Tom, quite happy to look at them.

ReplyQuote
Petedav
(@petedav)
06/11/2018 8:09 pm  

3 nice looking birds pal.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
06/11/2018 10:55 pm  

Firstly 3 nice looking pigeons Tom.
The one thing that I have noticed from the pictures of the eyes is that the pupils appear more oval than round. This could just be the angle that the photos were taken at, or the circle of adaption distorting the shape of the pupil.
Ideally when evaluating the eyes of a pigeon you would look at both eyes as they can vary from eye to eye. It is also better if you can to evaluate through an eye glass or failing that a direct photo of the eye for a true evaluation.
Rich sends me loads of photos of his pigeons eyes for me to look at. He has got good at taking the photos and usually sends me 4 or 5 photos of each birds eyes.
Back to yours Tom. For breeding purposes I would certainly put number 1 as the best. Buster and Rich are right, Rich maybe because he knows what I look for lol.
The first eye has a full circle of adaption, the black ring around the pupil, that sprays out into the eye between 4 o’clock and 6 o’clock. This is where the distortion I mentioned could be making the pupil look a bit oval. The circle of colouration is violet and quite wide. This is the circle around the circle of adaption which can cover the complete circle or in this case just really covers it between 4 & 6. The circle of colouration, which is actually the base colour of the eye, is a dominant violet. Dominant violet appears white. The iris, which is the colour over laying the circle of colouration is a reddish pink. To me after the inner circle this is the most important area for evaluating the breeding merits of a pigeon. I don’t like to see the iris to full as I think this reduces the options when pairing. In this one the circle of colouration, the white, can be seen easily over most of the eye under the iris. The iris is nicely mountainous as I call it, the reddish pink appears as lumps on top of the circle of colouration. A very nice breeding eye IMO.
I will do the 3rd one next. Only because Trev is right, this would go very well with the 1st one. Not only are they different colours, which I quite like when pairing, although I don’t mind putting the same colours together if I think they will go together, but also because of the fullness of the iris in this one, which is quite full but as I said the 1st eye has the room to absorb some of this fullness.
The circle of adaption in this one is a bit darker in colour, black, and a bit wider especially at the bottom of the eye. The inner circle is quite hard to distinguish as it is the same colour as the circle of colouration, which is quite unusual. It is a bright yellow, but you can see plenty of lines and the outer edge particularly between 3 & 6 o’clock. The circle of colouration, the yellow, can be seen under the iris showing through in several areas. The iris in this one is a reddish orange, and again nice and mountainous. As I’ve said an eye that you need to be more careful with when pairing but would go very well with the likes of No 1.
The 2nd eye is actually very similar to the 3rd but of violet instead of yellow. Again there is a full circle of adaption breaking into the inner circle between 3 & 5. The inner circle is nice and wide and dominant violet in colour. This one also has virtually the same colour in the circle of colouration as the inner circle, dominant violet. The iris is reddish pink and even fuller in this one than the 3rd, although the violet can be seen through in places. The iris is very mountainous and I do like the way that it almost looks like crystals breaking into the inner circle. A nice eye but you would have to be careful with what it is paired too. IMO more of a racing eye, hope I’m wrong Tom.
Hope this all makes sense.

Well done Andy, good analysis bruv.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2