Notifications
Clear all

URGENT HELP NEEDED  

Page 2 / 2

Mizmo
(@mizmo)
Reputable Member Registered
29/09/2020 8:48 am  

@muzza I was feeding him/her dry seeds then feeding water with a syringe .I will change it to your way

ReplyQuote
Mizmo
(@mizmo)
Reputable Member Registered
29/09/2020 8:52 am  

@andy123 lol I'm not expecting to race this little one as too much time has been spent on it to lose it. I was taking it to work and feeding it there so you can see the commitment lol

I'm going to try and train it to recall on free fly.as I've seen some stuff on youtube and it's always been one of my things to try.

If I am able to do it will post the results on here

ReplyQuote
Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
29/09/2020 9:41 am  
Posted by: @mizmo

@muzza will he follow you anywhere ?

No!

He is very much the boss of the whole ranch, in his mind. Laughing Out Loud  

But I can pick him up of the ground or off his box, and carry him around or put him on my shoulder like a parrot. 

He is a horrible little thing, but I am very fond of him.  

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
29/09/2020 9:57 am  
Posted by: @mizmo

@andy123 lol I'm not expecting to race this little one as too much time has been spent on it to lose it. I was taking it to work and feeding it there so you can see the commitment lol

I'm going to try and train it to recall on free fly.as I've seen some stuff on youtube and it's always been one of my things to try.

If I am able to do it will post the results on here

The youtube videos are a version of Pavlov's dogs. Don't do that to pigeons, it isn't nice.

I have quite a few pigeons who know their names, and respond to them. The one in the picture is Squeaker, because he did, and Gordon, obviously, and Diver, etc. 

If you give that baby a name, it doesn't matter what, and repeat it every time you feed it or handle it, it will quickly learn to respond to it. 

I have a pigeon named Gordon, simply because that was the first name that went through my head.  Laugh  

He was a stray that turned up once, he is well documented. He knows his name, and I can say, Gordon, get in your box!, good boy! and he gets in his box. He was an adult pigeon when he arrived, yet he knows when I am talking to him, and responds. 

Don't underestimate pigeons, they are clever, and thrive on having a relationship with their people. 

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Saul
 Saul
(@saul)
Trusted Member Registered
29/09/2020 10:56 pm  

@muzza and this blows my mind 

https://www.livescience.com/56176-pigeons-can-learn-to-recognize-words.html#:~:text=The%20pigeons%20were%20trained%20to%20distinguish%20real%20words%20from%20gibberish.&text=Pigeons%20may%20be%20sometimes%20likened,according%20to%20a%20new%20study.&text=Some%20of%20the%20birds%20learned,58%20words%2C%20the%20researchers%20said.

They do a lot with a brain literally the size of a pea. 

But then did you see that exhibition from the German dissectionist? A horse has a brain the size of a big orange, so pound for pound ...

This post was modified 3 weeks ago 2 times by Saul

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2