Clear all

PC Help  

lestheeagle
(@lestheeagle)
Noble Member Registered
04/03/2019 9:21 pm  

Need help guys

Can anyone give me any advice on the following:

I went to login to NFC website today and the box where you put your membership number in turned red and i can't login. I think its a numbers thing, as my wife yesterday couldn't input 5506 into a box on another site as that box turned red.
I've used four different browsers, ran a full malware programme, de-fragged machine etc. Any help would be gratefully received, kind regards Leslie

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.

buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
04/03/2019 9:32 pm  

Maybe a problem with there site, have you tried since, I have just tried putting numbers in on there site and was ok

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
04/03/2019 11:03 pm  

Sorry Les technology really isn't my thing lol, hope you get it sorted mate.

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
05/03/2019 7:35 am  

Is your number lock on??

ReplyQuote
lestheeagle
(@lestheeagle)
Noble Member Registered
05/03/2019 8:14 am  

Wife tried a friends laptop and it worked okay. Must be something to do with a recent update.

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
05/03/2019 9:04 am  

Make sure you have it in UK mode. I done an update on my desktop a while ago and it kept putting the keyboard into USA mode. Keys worked differently. Kept having to reset it to UK. Got it sorted now.

ReplyQuote
lestheeagle
(@lestheeagle)
Noble Member Registered
05/03/2019 11:08 am  

Yes my keyboard had changed, but that wasn't the problem. Thanks for the suggestion Grin Looks like i have to get someone out Roll

ReplyQuote
bkays
(@bkays)
Estimable Member Registered
05/03/2019 11:37 am  

Used to repair computers and laptops all the time when I was younger. Repaired one for a family friend just two days ago.

I would have it fixed in about 20 minutes if I was there. It's hard to help though like this.

Open Google Chrome and get the add-on Browsec. Set it to UK and open the NFC page with Browsec on and then try and login.

Do you used a 3rd party firewall? Or just the standard Windows one? Have you disabled your antivirus and tried that?

Edit* Just checked the site. Seems they've been having problems and all passwords have been changed. I won't add anything else but feel free to PM me Les and I'll try and help.

Could be fixed now but your old password won't work now.

ReplyQuote
lestheeagle
(@lestheeagle)
Noble Member Registered
05/03/2019 7:58 pm  

Restored pc to a previous setting-wife can fill form in fine. As for the NFC it does seem to be website related as i can't change my login details. I rang Sid Barkel and i was dumped once connected lol think is answering service is full up LoL

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
05/03/2019 8:17 pm  

I had to phone Sid too as the NFC website didn’t recognise my email address. If you get on there website to login you have to press forgot password. A verification code will be sent to your email address, this is a long code. Once received you will have to enter the code and then enter a new password. Mine works fine now.

ReplyQuote
lestheeagle
(@lestheeagle)
Noble Member Registered
05/03/2019 8:33 pm  

I'm thinking i've been deactivated for some reason. Now the site says i have an invalid email address....I'll leave it for now Roll

ReplyQuote
stevekulpa
(@stevekulpa)
Noble Member Registered
06/03/2019 8:00 pm  

I think they've changed the web provider or something and you need to reset the password

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
06/03/2019 9:22 pm  

I'm thinking i've been deactivated for some reason. Now the site says i have an invalid email address....I'll leave it for now Roll

Send Sid an email Les, I had to as I had the same. He reset it for me and gave me a temporary password to let me on. This is when I then had to use the forgot password to put my own password on.

ReplyQuote
lestheeagle
(@lestheeagle)
Noble Member Registered
07/03/2019 8:25 am  

Send Sid an email Les, I had to as I had the same. He reset it for me and gave me a temporary password to let me on. This is when I then had to use the forgot password to put my own password on.

Sent him three Andy, no response Roll

ReplyQuote