Notifications
Clear all

your opinion

Page 1 / 2

rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

i'm being serious  in this post because of ybs from the dam last year  you can see the yb is down on it's legs this causes me  concern the nestmate for now is ok what do you think

[attach]6113[/attach]
[attach]6114[/attach]

buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Looks just the way it is standing to me, would just keep an eye on it, how does it walk George

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

it don't Steve but was only out of the nest for a minute

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

what I've done is put them in a set of show pens on the floor with food and water but also lets the cock feed them

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

I would certainly keep an eye on it. See how it stands when being fed. It could just be the way it’s standing. Looks like it is rearing up at you only just going back on it’s legs. 

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

it seems to be ok in the pen will watch it

ReplyQuote
Bryngwynt
(@bryngwynt)
Famed Member Registered

Don’t think it’s a problem, looks like it’s rearing up to you.Like been said already.

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

it is walking in the pen now had 4 out of 5 ybs last year just could not stand this year one yb from son of the hen same just could not stand so thought paired to different cock here we go again the 2 white grizzles which was not keen on due to the tail shooting up would be g/'children of her  so have to make sure they are ok

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Glad it ok

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)

Posted by: @rainbow

it is walking in the pen now had 4 out of 5 ybs last year just could not stand this year one yb from son of the hen same just could not stand so thought paired to different cock here we go again the 2 white grizzles which was not keen on due to the tail shooting up would be g/'children of her  so have to make sure they are ok

Hopefully it will be ok George, could be a weakness somewhere but should make up ok as it grows. Its just worth keeping notes of this sort of thing so as you follow the birds development and career these traits can be bred out if they do prove to be a weakness. 

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

I have been watching the breeding line very carefully  Trevor  I think it's a gene problem

ReplyQuote
killer
(@killer)
Illustrious Member Registered

Seems a larger baby , may not have the strength yet to stand ,

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

pleased to say it is now walking in the pen however I will be watching for any weakness

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Pleased all is well

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

think the nestbox was too small after the hen went down on eggs now on there own they are ok for me any weakness will be seen when weaning and i don't wait very long

[attach]6118[/attach]

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2