Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Windy  

Christopher1978
(@christopher1978)
Estimable Member Registered
22/05/2020 4:55 pm  

Don’t think I let young pigeons out tonight gale winds I live on a bit of a hill  big open garden wind to bad for the pigeons 

buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
22/05/2020 8:35 pm  

Weather like this best place is in

ReplyQuote
Mizmo
(@mizmo)
23/05/2020 2:55 pm  

@buster121 I let them out to see how they would do against the wind. Thought they should experience this closer to home rather then away from it .

ReplyQuote
killer
(@killer)
Illustrious Member Registered
23/05/2020 10:44 pm  

Chilly & Windy Here ,

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
24/05/2020 7:09 am  
Posted by: @mizmo

@buster121 I let them out to see how they would do against the wind. Thought they should experience this closer to home rather then away from it .

Thing with letting out in high winds around home are tv masts etc

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
24/05/2020 8:29 am  
Posted by: @buster121

Yes Buster I agree especially with youngsters that tend to fly very erratically anyway. I do get your logic though Mizmo and I do let mine out in most conditions unless the winds are ridiculously strong so you just need to be a little careful, the other issue is if youngsters have difficulty landing they can start to panic which won't do them any good. It doesn't hurt to be cautious and play safe especially when you only have a small number of birds. 

ReplyQuote
Mizmo
(@mizmo)
24/05/2020 11:35 pm  
Posted by: @trench
Posted by: @buster121

Yes Buster I agree especially with youngsters that tend to fly very erratically anyway. I do get your logic though Mizmo and I do let mine out in most conditions unless the winds are ridiculously strong so you just need to be a little careful, the other issue is if youngsters have difficulty landing they can start to panic which won't do them any good. It doesn't hurt to be cautious and play safe especially when you only have a small number of birds. 

I should be more careful then, as I only have a handful of birds compared to the rest on here .

ReplyQuote