Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Too soft.  

Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
23/10/2020 8:36 am  

I have about a dozen first round babies all starting to fly in the mob, and really looking a treat. 

There is a heavy rain system moving over the state, we are going to get some useful rain in the next 12 hours or so. 

So, I got away from work sharpish, and got all the pigeons out for a fly while I did the loft. 

There were a few big spots of rain out of a very heavy sky, so, although it was too early, I called them in. I had all the old birds and most of the babies in in a minute. A few of the babies went a bit hesitant at going in, they weren't expecting that.

The birds had all had a good feed, and a drink, and the four youngsters were still messing about. So I took the feed out, and told my wife that they were going to bed hungry.

5 minutes later, I had 4 little ones at the loft door, I opened it up and they all hopped in. After all, they are little and learning. So I put a little bit of feed in a tray and gave it to them. 

Yep, I am a softy. 

Regards

Murray.

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
23/10/2020 10:43 am  
Posted by: @muzza

I have about a dozen first round babies all starting to fly in the mob, and really looking a treat. 

There is a heavy rain system moving over the state, we are going to get some useful rain in the next 12 hours or so. 

So, I got away from work sharpish, and got all the pigeons out for a fly while I did the loft. 

There were a few big spots of rain out of a very heavy sky, so, although it was too early, I called them in. I had all the old birds and most of the babies in in a minute. A few of the babies went a bit hesitant at going in, they weren't expecting that.

The birds had all had a good feed, and a drink, and the four youngsters were still messing about. So I took the feed out, and told my wife that they were going to bed hungry.

5 minutes later, I had 4 little ones at the loft door, I opened it up and they all hopped in. After all, they are little and learning. So I put a little bit of feed in a tray and gave it to them. 

Yep, I am a softy. 

I’m with you Murray. Why not. These little creatures give us so much pleasure and rely on us to look after them. I know you probably need to be more authoritative if you want to compete in sprint racing but I think in distance racing it’s more that extra love for home that keeps them coming. 

Roxanna is terrible. Not that it seems that strays need any extra encouragement here, but if there’s one out there she will be talking to it and trying to get it in. I tell her we don’t want another stray, but she says the poor little thing is lost, hungry and thirsty and feels pity for them. No wonder they never leave once here 😂.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
23/10/2020 8:03 pm  

Yep, I am a softy. 

That's why my buggers never want to trap on race days Exhausted Laughing Out Loud but then I do consider myself a pigeon fancier foremost and a racing man second Wink  

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
23/10/2020 8:04 pm  
Posted by: @andy123

Yep, I am a softy. 

I’m with you Murray. Why not. These little creatures give us so much pleasure and rely on us to look after them. I know you probably need to be more authoritative if you want to compete in sprint racing but I think in distance racing it’s more that extra love for home that keeps them coming. 

Roxanna is terrible. Not that it seems that strays need any extra encouragement here, but if there’s one out there she will be talking to it and trying to get it in. I tell her we don’t want another stray, but she says the poor little thing is lost, hungry and thirsty and feels pity for them. No wonder they never leave once here 😂.

Grinning Grinning  

ReplyQuote