devo56
(@devo56)
Member Admin

They look very nice those George.

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

Nothing wrong with the way they look George. Glad you’ve found a good home for them. Hope they do well for their new owners. 

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

he was not able to come yesterday and is coming to-day so had time to handle them bit better found some medium and 2 very large in the cocks more like a show bird these one's I will change and let him have just medium cocks I think this was the problem this is what happens by just putting 2 birds without any thought

ReplyQuote
Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered

@andy123, I totally agree with what you say.

I would not be putting quality pigeons in the bin. The people not having any success with rainbow's pigeons, probably aren't having any sussess with anyone's pigeons. 

Most unsuccessful pigeon fanciers have one thing in common. They always blame the pigeons, never themselves. 

That is why they must get new pigeons, year after year. They fail to get good results, condemn the pigeons, and their breeder, and repeat the exercise.

I hope George can find home for those pigeons. Smile  

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

@muzza It is completely different racing pigeons than breeding them. To many people think you should get instant success, and if they don’t they just go and buy in new ones. I have met a few fanciers over the years like that. To keep succeeding in this sport you need to be able to breed pigeons. It’s about selecting the right ones to pair together and testing the offspring. I think with the right sort of selection, through breeding, you should continue to be able to improve your team. They don’t have to come from the best although this would make success quicker and easier. Birds also have to work with your system. Some will some won’t. 

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

after messing me about for 2 days and turning other fanciers away  the person said this  wife would not let him leave to collect  them  it has however  open my  eyes to what the problem was from the pair and there  children I would pick the biggest young cocks a few cocks in the cage same way bred yet there is a big difference in size  you could said 2 are twice as big were the hens handle well so photo 4 cocks same were bred but not same size

P1040209

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  
Posted by: @rainbow

after messing me about for 2 days and turning other fanciers away  the person said this  wife would not let him leave to collect  them  it has however  open my  eyes to what the problem was from the pair and there  children I would pick the biggest young cocks a few cocks in the cage same way bred yet there is a big difference in size  you could said 2 are twice as big were the hens handle well so photo 4 cocks same were bred but not same size

P1040209

should have said the very large birds will be replaced

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  
Posted by: @rainbow

P1040209

one of the 2 fanciers  a member on here at the time in no way would I blame him the 2 birds he had was my fault

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

10 birds now gone so pleased

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

That’s good news for you George. Hope the people that have had them do well with them. 

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

depending if Walkers can go into Scotland or may have to hold them a few weeks but this chap is ok now told him will give him 20 pounds towards cost after they have been collected moving these 10 birds on has cost me £45  still better than binning them

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

just been confirmed walkers have been paid online birds will go to Scotland next Wednesday

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

That is good news George sure they will do the biz for him

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

Good news George. 

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4