Notifications
Clear all

too many birds

Page 2 / 6

George & Morgan
(@george-morgan)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

maybe the birds should have been sprinters I sent out , they still should not have gone down training I just cannot get my head round it

ReplyQuote
grizzlecock
(@grizzlecock)
Reputable Member Registered

Posted by: @rainbow

maybe the birds should have been sprinters I sent out , they still should not have gone down training I just cannot get my head round it

Thats just pigeon racing for you Rainbow.....that pair could produce 10 rounds of young that go missing early...yet they could bred this  10th feb and produce something that wins Barcelona Int....anf if you sold the same pair a week later on the web and in the pigeon comics...straight away you would read they have turned into THE GOLDEN COUPLE that breed winners in every nest...and have never bred a bad pigeon....at least your honest mate..

ReplyQuote
George & Morgan
(@george-morgan)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

as it is quiet now here are 2 yearling hens and there   2 ybs from them this is from the pair the yearlings are very big chested  and living on my own I can bring them into the house lol

P1040188
P1040182
P1040184
P1040177 (2)

ReplyQuote
grizzlecock
(@grizzlecock)
Reputable Member Registered

lovely looking birds

ReplyQuote
Christopher1978
(@christopher1978)
Estimable Member Registered

I have some great pigeons off you George train them hard and they are still here 👍

ReplyQuote
George & Morgan
(@george-morgan)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

good news Chris  it's the new birds that's a problem  good luck with them was good to hear you still have them all

P1030698

ReplyQuote
George & Morgan
(@george-morgan)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  
Posted by: @rainbow

as it is quiet now here are 2 yearling hens and there   2 ybs from them this is from the pair the yearlings are very big chested  and living on my own I can bring them into the house lol

P1040188
P1040182
P1040184
P1040177 (2)

another yb same family

P1040152

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

They look nice enough George. 

Home of the ukpigeonracing test loft.

ReplyQuote
George & Morgan
(@george-morgan)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

it's the size of them Andy never had birds this big

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

@rainbow you would think more sprint than distance then George, especially if they are wide chested. I had some Leen Boars back in the late 80s. These were big sprint pigeons. Another family that I done quite well with that were also big pigeons were the De Varders. 

ReplyQuote
George & Morgan
(@george-morgan)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

was told distance i will try him with a different hen see what happens the thing is Andy the children of him breed large birds even the hens if had of got to racing would not have been as bad so going down training  and then having 9 left in the loft lol

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

@rainbow I understand what your saying George and as I said before it is difficult for you when you can’t test them yourself. Were the ones that Christopher had off different birds as he said he has still got them all after training them. The trouble you have is that you obviously now have a few birds the same way bred that you are doubtful of. 

ReplyQuote
George & Morgan
(@george-morgan)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  
Posted by: @andy123

@rainbow I understand what your saying George and as I said before it is difficult for you when you can’t test them yourself. Were the ones that Christopher had off different birds as he said he has still got them all after training them. The trouble you have is that you obviously now have a few birds the same way bred that you are doubtful of. 

yes Andy he had none of them

ReplyQuote
George & Morgan
(@george-morgan)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

just heard  from fancier who had 5 same way bred or related  4 were lost training  one very late back from race it's a really sad day as they looked so nice

ReplyQuote
George & Morgan
(@george-morgan)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

put the  birds up on a forum free all gone in 2 mins chap coming from midlands at 3.00 for 8 another chap  is sending a courier fo2 cocks have agreed to pay half £25 just glad there going however having looked at them again have decided  to keep 2 hens back

P1040206 (2)
P1040208

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 6