Notifications
Clear all

The truth about this forum.

Page 1 / 2

devo56
(@devo56)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I must say i find it really hard to understand where this forum is going, its a case of lets see if any one logs on. Its really hard to start topics for no one to reply. Lets see how it goes? I am not going to waste my time being with others not involved. Lets get it right, i have enough to do in my life.

This topic was modified 4 days ago 2 times by devo56

Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered

I agree that it is disappointing at times, Devo, but we can only carry on and keep supporting it, or we all walk away and forget about it.

I for one am not about to do that. 

I am on the other side of the world and half a day ahead timewise. I am not always on when you blokes are. I still try to get involved. 

It has been a tough couple of years for a lot of people. We need to make allowances. 

It's a good thing. We need to keep it going. It will pick up.

I am good! They aren't firing rubber bullets at me. Yet.
Welcome to Victoria, 2021.

ReplyQuote
Buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Posted by: @devo56

I must say i find it really hard to understand where this forum is going, its a case of lets see if any one logs on. Its really hard to start topics for no one to reply. Lets see how it goes? I am not going to waste my time being with others not involved. Lets get it right, i have enough to do in my life.

I have been saying the same for long, long time, very rare I post these days as when I did I either got slated or no responses or negative ones, and felt as you do

as already said the last couple seasons has taken it's toll on the site with covid and lack of racing some folks have not posted because nothing to post about, the only reason I am still here is due to the fact many friends have been made and would like to keep in touch with them I also believe one day it will bounce back and be up there again, if you look at all the other sites they are experiencing the same issues

Pigeon chat for instance has maybe half dozen posting, some days never any new posts, Basics maybe  less some day's if not weather and good morning posts nothing on there at all

This post was modified 4 days ago by Buster121

Sadie's Loft's, home of great birds, just a poor loft manager

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

I agree with all being said. I come on and post when I can and do try to start some new posts but it is hard when hardly anyone responds. If you are only getting 3 or 4 members posting a topic comes to an end very quickly once those posting have given their views on the topic. 

The trouble is that we are not keeping the new members or managing to get them to interact. As Buster said in a previous post a lot of these come on ask for help and advice and then disappear. 

We do need the core members to keep posting just to keep things ticking over until hopefully things pick up. 

Your doing a good job George on putting posts up. We need different views on these topics to keep them going. If we all just agree with each other the post comes to an instant halt. 

Pigeon chat is the same, as Buster says. You’ve just got the same ones posting and a lot are just on there to run the sport down. 

Home of the ukpigeonracing test loft.

Buster121 liked
ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered

Well said, Andy.

We either make an effort to keep posting and try to create some interesting conversations, or just pack it in. The problem is, "life in Bendigo" only has so much appeal. 

I don't know how, but we absolutely must try to get some members back and attract some new ones. 

Anybody have an idea?

ReplyQuote
George & Morgan
(@george-morgan)
Famed Member Registered

one of the problems i see is when you reply to a topic it don't always show up in the recent right hand side column

ReplyQuote
devo56
(@devo56)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@murray  Good day to you Murray, i must try to visit Bendigo, maybe do a loft visit to you. I understand its sometimes hard for you, but you still get involved in the topics. So thank you mate.

This post was modified 4 days ago by devo56

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

We have to ask what is the forum for. It’s to help new starters and members where we can. Give advice where wanted. But for me, I came onto the forum about 5 years ago and it’s the friends that I have made that I wouldn’t have made if it wasn’t for this forum, some I have met personally and some I haven’t, some of whom I will probably never meet in person but still consider them as friends. This is why I think the forum needs to be kept going so that we are here for each other and can make more friends in time. Things might be slow at times with not many posts but at least we are still here which is important. It has been a difficult couple of years and some have found it harder than others. This forum can be a way of helping others through difficult times. Keep up the good work all. 

Andy

Home of the ukpigeonracing test loft.

Buster121 liked
ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)

I agree with the comments made and all the points are very valid, unfortunately a lot of the members disappeared when the forum was changed and it became difficult to login and stay in. I for one still find I have difficulties with the forum that weren't there before which makes it very frustrating. Like many others I haven't had the easiest of years and finding time to get on here has become more difficult. 

We have to remember that one of the main roles of this forum is to help new fanciers find their way into the sport so many will only ask a few questions then disappear while others will just read the relevant articles and stay in the background. We have to remember that many of our members work so only have limited time in a day to look at the forum and if too many people joined in the topics it would take all night to catch up and keep up. 

It is still a great community on here and as Buster said I too have made some very good and special friendships as well as keeping in touch with my big brother 😉 I think once this whole covid thing has gone away and life gets back to normal and when the new season gets underway hopefully more members will join in again.

All of you guys do a fantastic job of keeping this site fresh and alive and I'm sure those sitting in the background appreciate it so keep up the good work and I'll join you when I can 👍🤠

All the best

ReplyQuote
killer
(@killer)
Illustrious Member Registered

Must agree with most of what as been said ,I still think this forum as a roll to do ,& we have fixed most problems that have arisen ,to be honest from myprospective  ,is I only like dealing with fanciers that are still racing , to many armchair experts out there ,so stick in there ,times are a changing as they say , 

ReplyQuote
chelsea2014uk
(@chelsea2014uk)
Estimable Member Registered

no one ever on 

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered

Posted by: @devo56

@murray  Good day to you Murray, i must try to visit Bendigo, maybe do a loft visit to you. I understand its sometimes hard for you, but you still get involved in the topics. So thank you mate.

And you would be most welcome, George. In fact I would love to meet you. 

But it's a hell of a long trip to look at my little shed and the bunch of rat bags! 🤣 

If you do ever get 'down under', I will be there to pick you up at the airport. 👍 

ReplyQuote
devo56
(@devo56)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@murray Thank you Murray it would also be nice to meet you, and have a great chat about the sport.  I would guess i would be flying into Melbourne then on to Bendigo. What a great journey that would be. I hope you have a great day and pain free.

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered

Yep, Bendigo is about one and a half hours north of Melbourne airport. 

Because of the extreme distances in this big brown place, they tend to use time rather than distance as a measure.

Somewhere might be "seven hours" from somewhere else. Or, "it's only four hours", to describe a trip which is nothing at all. 

ReplyQuote
devo56
(@devo56)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Yes Murray when i checked it says 2 hour journey by train, i have to say the trip does sound good. I hope your finding time to relax, have a great weekend.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2