Still having that d...

Notifications
Clear all

Still having that dream.

devo56
(@devo56)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

So the world of racing pigeons stays with me, different thoughts going through my head. If only but that is life i guess, i always treated my birds as individuals. That is how i got to know them better, it was all about them. Knowing their daily life, what makes them tick and daily life in the loft. Was it the right place for them. I feel this is the difference in loft environment, if i was not happy would i stay. I really dont think so. My thoughts only, 

Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered

I hear you Devo,

I am up before dawn, cannot wait to step out to the loft and see how the birds are.

I make no attempt to get them tame or bonded to me, as it makes it harder when they get lost or taken by predators. But still I have pigeons that will fly across the loft to me and wont even get out of the way when they are out in the garden. 

Just being with them and having that sort of trust, priceless.  

I

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)

Very true Devo, these wonderful birds certainly all have their own personalities. I agree the birds need to be calm and relaxed in their home environment, an unhappy bird will never race home. 

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

I too agree with what’s been said. I only wish I had more time to spend with them, especially during the winter months. I love being in with the birds and have several that will sit on me while I’m in the loft. Hopefully over the next few years I can work nearer to my dream of clocking from Barcelona. 

Home of the ukpigeonracing test loft.

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered

Posted by: @andy123

I too agree with what’s been said. I only wish I had more time to spend with them, especially during the winter months. I love being in with the birds and have several that will sit on me while I’m in the loft. Hopefully over the next few years I can work nearer to my dream of clocking from Barcelona. 

You will get your Barcelona pigeon Andy. I am sure of it. 

One day a real topper will pop up, just you wait! 👍 

I

ReplyQuote
devo56
(@devo56)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Andy its a long way from Barcelona, just enjoy what you are doing you are still on track. I am sure all members are waiting for you to reach your goal for all of us.

ReplyQuote