Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Pigeons poisoned  

lestheeagle
(@lestheeagle)
Noble Member Registered
01/08/2020 12:11 pm  

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/31/scandal-strikes-tour-de-france-of-pigeon-racing-as-11-birds-die?fbclid=IwAR1bgfIh_5aX20guqRR13w9tmfuI5cc9vMmORTi9mwq0NrrPrgjYzNGlkok

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
01/08/2020 2:14 pm  

I think you’ll find it was 12 that died. They weren’t waiting to have rubbers put on as rubbers aren’t being used this year. The French birds were pulled from the race but to suggest this was anything other than an unfortunate accident is ridiculous. 

The race it’s self is turning out to be a disaster though. So far only 2 pigeons have been verified. Both in Germany and 7 hours apart.

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
01/08/2020 4:23 pm  
Posted by: @andy123

I think you’ll find it was 12 that died. They weren’t waiting to have rubbers put on as rubbers aren’t being used this year. The French birds were pulled from the race but to suggest this was anything other than an unfortunate accident is ridiculous. 

The race it’s self is turning out to be a disaster though. So far only 2 pigeons have been verified. Both in Germany and 7 hours apart.

Have to agree a tragic accident, seen it yesterday and thought the same

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
01/08/2020 5:18 pm  

There are a few more back now, 63, a few Dutch birds doing 800+ miles. The German bird is still way out in front nearly 250m/m in front of the second bird. Apparently already been verified though. There are also some French birds in the result so they obviously didn’t pull them all out.

I think this is typical reporting to give pigeon racing a bad name, probably by someone against it. 

This post was modified 2 months ago by Andy123

ReplyQuote
stevekulpa
(@stevekulpa)
Noble Member Registered
01/08/2020 10:02 pm  

From what I heard they used a container that had Ad blue previously in to water birds when they died they called a vet and he couldn't be certain more had not been poisoned so stopped the lot going

ReplyQuote