community

Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Nightmare

Petedav
(@petedav)
Topic starter  

Had a nightmare today, sent 30 to lealholm, had 15 drop together and go straight in, not one of them registered on my ets, 5 more came 2 minutes after and only 1 registered, had 29 from 30 before clocks and only 2 registered.  Cant understand what happened. Would have taken at least the first 15 in club but ended up being 8th with the first one to register.

rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered

sorry to hear that Pete still well done to the birds lets hope it's sorted for next week good luck

ReplyQuote
killer
(@killer)
Illustrious Member Registered

What system are you using , have you tried putting the system in to training mode & seeing if it works or not ,I know a guy out here loft was about 50 metres from his main power supple & he was having the same problem ,his power supply was only 1,5 amp ,he got a 2 amp which fixed his problem ,seems over the distance the power was dropping ,& the bigger amp held it longer ,

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

What a shame all that hard work done by the birds, on a good note returns are good and I hope other one turns in safely

I have seen on other sites lots of folks having probs with birds not registering, wonder if problem with this years updates on clocks

ReplyQuote
Petedav
(@petedav)
Topic starter  

@killer I'm on unikon, I was the only one in the club to have the problem but also I'm the only one to have a pocket clock, so I can only think it could be one of 2 problems,  either the pocket clock is faulty or the pad is faulty, i have a mate bringing a pad round later today to check that then if not i may have to get my pocket clock battery changed. Hopefully be sorted for next week. 

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

Sorry to hear that Pete at least you know what they should have done and returns were good. They obviously registered ok when marking. I’m on Bricon so don’t really know but sounds like a faulty pad rather than clock. I wonder whether the one that registered happened to touch a bit of pad that was working. 

I do test all mine before the season starts. I have run the birds over the pads several times to check the pads and rings are working and right. 

ReplyQuote
killer
(@killer)

I would still check your power supple or transformer or adaptor from mains power to see if it’s holding the power continuously ,& not dropping in & out ,which also effects the pads & the clocking of all birds , did you try it on training toss ,with the race birds to see if it’s reading now ,also check your connections to see if they are pushed in ,then seal them with electrical tape to stop dampnes as well ,

ReplyQuote
Petedav
(@petedav)
Topic starter  

All sorted , opened the pad to find a loose connection where the solder had cracked,  managed to re solder and seems to be working fine now.

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

Posted by: @petedav

All sorted , opened the pad to find a loose connection where the solder had cracked,  managed to re solder and seems to be working fine now.

Great news Pete. Hope the birds do well again next week. 

ReplyQuote
killer
(@killer)

Great news 

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Noble Member Registered

That's good to hear, Pete.

Very annoying that you missed a win because of it, but it's like the saddle slipping when you are on an even money favorite. 

It happens. {blue}:displeased:  

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Posted by: @petedav

Great news Pete

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)

Sorry to hear your first race didn't quite go to plan Pete, a great result for you none the less mate. Good to hear you have managed to find and cure the problem, let's hope the birds repeat the performance for you next week mate 👍🤠

All the best. 

ReplyQuote