Lovely bit of late ...

Notifications
Clear all

Lovely bit of late Autumn colour

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Unfortunately I didn’t manage to take any photos but this is one of the best years that I can remember for late Autumn colours. I don’t know about others but down here it has been mild with not the usual strong winds. This has resulted in the leaves staying on the trees much better and later this year. Usually by now most of the trees are bare. We went shopping today in Frome which is about a 35 minute drive. The colours through the countryside were amazing. A real array of yellows, golds and reds. Of course we only live about 10 minutes from Stourhead and we must try to get there over the next week or so before the leaves finally drop. 

On a different note about the Autumn weather this year, this afternoon I picked the last of the tomatoes from in the greenhouse, again a lot later than other years. 

FB32AE9B A712 42E3 B939 41016C96B531

Some not quite ripe but will soon ripen indoors. Had loads off the 8 plants I had this year. There are a few green ones still but will all be cleared out now. 

This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by Andy123

Home of the ukpigeonracing test loft.

Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered

Nice!

We are having a long, cool rainy spring, the garden is a riot of colour. The roses have never looked so good. 

Normally by now it is getting hot and dry. We don't mind, it will be summer soon enough. 

I am good! They aren't firing rubber bullets at me. Yet.
Welcome to Victoria, 2021.

ReplyQuote
Buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Posted by: @andy123

Unfortunately I didn’t manage to take any photos but this is one of the best years that I can remember for late Autumn colours. I don’t know about others but down here it has been mild with not the usual strong winds. This has resulted in the leaves staying on the trees much better and later this year. Usually by now most of the trees are bare. We went shopping today in Frome which is about a 35 minute drive. The colours through the countryside were amazing. A real array of yellows, golds and reds. Of course we only live about 10 minutes from Stourhead and we must try to get there over the next week or so before the leaves finally drop. 

On a different note about the Autumn weather this year, this afternoon I picked the last of the tomatoes from in the greenhouse, again a lot later than other years. 

FB32AE9B A712 42E3 B939 41016C96B531

Some not quite ripe but will soon ripen indoors. Had loads off the 8 plants I had this year. There are a few green ones still but will all be cleared out now. 

My trees are almost bare now, picked couple buckets of apples as starting to just fall off now, still another load still on

Sadie's Loft's, home of great birds, just a poor loft manager

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)

Yes Andy the colours have been amazing this year, I think tye leaves of some trees started to change colour early this year but they have held them longer, the acers and maples have been amazing. Fruit has been very poor this year partly due to the late spring frosts killing the blossom. Nice to have a late crop of tomatoes 👍

ReplyQuote
devo56
(@devo56)
Member Admin

Picking up leaves time, so many trees behind my back garden.

thumbnail (15)

my back garden.

This post was modified 7 days ago by devo56

ReplyQuote