Hope things get bet...

Notifications
Clear all

Hope things get better  

Christopher1978
(@christopher1978)
Estimable Member Registered
04/06/2020 4:04 pm  

Had bad news to day I got to reibuild my transit connect engine it’s blew up cam belts I think it’s only done 137 000 and had belt done not long ago it 11 reg   Was going to be my pigeon training van never mind I will fix it 

chrisroscoe
(@chrisroscoe)
Member Admin
04/06/2020 5:25 pm  

i need todo a cambelt on my car just havnt had time to do it 🙁 and hopfully your transit isnt to bad inside

Admin : https://www.ukpigeonracing.co.uk/
Enjoy the website and community.

ReplyQuote
Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
05/06/2020 9:39 am  

I hate cam belt motors.

The scheduled major service, with cam belts, is, what, about 800 or 1000 pounds? By the time it is due for that, the car is worth half what you paid for it.

And, if the cam belts were due at 90,000 km, and your car drops a belt at 90,001 km, guess what, your warranty is void.

I know all about that. I was service manager at a large franchise dealer about 10 years ago.

Both of our cars have chain driven camshafts. Not going to fall into that trap again.  

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
chrisroscoe
(@chrisroscoe)
Member Admin
05/06/2020 6:34 pm  

there not to bad todo longs you got the locking tools for the engine, just i dont have them haha but im doing 4tyres and service on my car tomorrow and i polish and clean so theres half a day gone lol

Admin : https://www.ukpigeonracing.co.uk/
Enjoy the website and community.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
05/06/2020 9:43 pm  
Posted by: @chrisroscoe

i need todo a cambelt on my car just havnt had time to do it 🙁 and hopfully your transit isnt to bad inside

I had a Vauxhall Frontera years back, I had a lot going on in my personal life so kept putting off the service. Low and behold one day the car just came to a rather abrupt halt and yes the cam belt had gone and the car was off to the scrap heap 😥😥

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
05/06/2020 9:44 pm  
Posted by: @christopher1978

Had bad news to day I got to reibuild my transit connect engine it’s blew up cam belts I think it’s only done 137 000 and had belt done not long ago it 11 reg   Was going to be my pigeon training van never mind I will fix it 

Hope you can get it fixed mate 🤞🤞

ReplyQuote
PVDMR
(@pvdmr)
Member Moderator
05/06/2020 10:31 pm  

Had 3 Fords,Guess what they all blew up.not long after I went to work for Honda,paint/body technician...then bought a car that came in on a part exchange,it was a Silver civic 1.5gti;had 6 Honda’s since,guess what never had a spanner to any of them😁

Best van I ever had was a Mitsubishi L300 column change,with a shogun engine,without the turbo cracking work tool and nippy
Me I’m a Honda guy excellent motors!!

atb

You can buy The Mans Winning pigeons BUT not the Man that flys them!!

ReplyQuote
Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
05/06/2020 10:34 pm  
Posted by: @pvdmr

Had 3 Fords,Guess what they all blew up.not long after I went to work for Honda,paint/body technician...then a bought a car that came in on a part exchange,it was a Silver civic 1.5gti;had 6 Honda’s since,guess what never had a spanner to any of them😁

Best van I ever had was a Mitsubishi L300 column change,with a shogun engine,without the turbo cracking work tool and nippy
Me I’m a Honda guy excellent motors!!

atb

Yep, hard to go past a Honda.

Quality engineering.

Nice motor cars, too.

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote