Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Giving it a miss  

lestheeagle
(@lestheeagle)
Noble Member Registered
31/05/2020 1:06 pm  

Decided this morning to miss the OB race season, so i can concentrate on the ybs. I would only be sending to two races, one a 138mile & a 222mile which wouldn't test them, so why bother! Smile  

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
31/05/2020 4:20 pm  
Posted by: @lestheeagle

Decided this morning to miss the OB race season, so i can concentrate on the ybs. I would only be sending to two races, one a 138mile & a 222mile which wouldn't test them, so why bother! Smile  

Still looks likely that the BICC will be doing their proposed program starting with Falaise on the 13th June. Looks like the NFC have come up with a program for channel racing starting 4th July. 

The BICC are having a meeting with Ian Evans and government officials on Tuesday.

It is so frustrating not knowing what is happening. I’m just making sure I am ready. I will probably only be sending with the BICC because of marking as I can get birds marked early before work. 

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
31/05/2020 5:18 pm  

I had phone call yesterday saying we start next week said as shielding forget me for the old birds

ReplyQuote
lestheeagle
(@lestheeagle)
Noble Member Registered
31/05/2020 5:37 pm  

@andy123 From FB BICC Thread, earlier today.

Morning all,

I have been asked to let you know that there will be a committee meeting this coming Tuesday evening via Zoom, to finalise and discuss arrangements for the Club's first race from Falaise.

We will update you on Wednesday with the outcome.

Also - if you decide you want to join the 130 new members to the BICC this year I would recommend doing so prior to any race day etc, joining forms etc are all on the website.

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
31/05/2020 7:20 pm  

Sounds like a sensible plan Leslie, as you are just building up your team with the distance in mind it won't do your old birds any harm to have this year off. 

We had a 53 mile federation trainer yesterday and start our race programme from the same spot next weekend. As it stands all our racing is inland with Sennen Cove (237miles) being our longest race, the old and young bird programmes do overlap and we can send old and young to the youngbird races. I have to say I have lost that buzz at the moment but hopefully it will come back once we start. 

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
31/05/2020 7:22 pm  
Posted by: @buster121

I had phone call yesterday saying we start next week said as shielding forget me for the old birds

Are you planning on sending any Buster ??

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
31/05/2020 7:55 pm  
Posted by: @trench

No mate I'm in shielding group

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
31/05/2020 9:37 pm  
Posted by: @trench

No mate I'm in shielding group

Hopefully you will get some racing in this year mate but it's more important that you stay safe and well. All the best. 

ReplyQuote