Forum

Notifications
Clear all

COVID PCR Test

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

It does make you realise why Covid levels are still so high. At present the South West has one of the highest levels of Covid in the country and around us in South Somerset we are one of the highest in the South West. It is rife in the schools here with many children having to self isolate. We had one of our Grandsons on the Thursday the week before last. Roxanna picked him up from school and brought him back to the shop. He was running around like normal and quite happy. We shut the shop at 5 and went upstairs. He didn’t want any dinner and just went and laid on our bed with my iPad. 

EEF10282 323B 4EE8 9A2B 51FF44AA88CC

We dropped him back home a bit later and he said he ached a bit. Later that evening our daughter in law phoned us to tell us that she had tested him with a lateral flow test and it had come back positive. He had a PCR the following day which confirmed that he had Covid. He was as right as rain again by then but has had to stay off school until tomorrow. His mum, dad and sister have all tested negative. As a result we were contacted by test and trace on the Sunday and were told that as we had been in contact with someone who had tested positive but as were both double vaccinated we didn’t have to self isolate providing we didn’t get any symptoms and we had to do a PCR test. We done that with a home test kit that was sent to us on the Tuesday. Done and returned the same day. As yet we still haven’t heard whether we are positive or negative. I would imagine we are negative otherwise I’m sure we would have heard. It wouldn’t make any difference now anyway as it has been 10 days since we had contact with our grandson. 

On a slightly different note. The girl in the hairdressers across the road from our shop has a son in the same year as our grandson who had also been in contact with someone positive and had also done a PCR test on Monday. This came back positive on Wednesday and she was told to pick him up from school. So he had been going to school for 3 days being positive. The mother being unvaccinated has now got to isolate and can’t work for 10 days.

We are both having our flu jabs this week and our booster Covid jabs on the 14th December. 

Home of the ukpigeonracing test loft.

devo56
(@devo56)
Member Admin

Sorry to hear mate, i hope he is ok and recovers well. I have had 2 vaccines and booster also flu jab. I think its a great thing myself, but others may differ.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)

The numbers are certainly still a concern with the way it is spreading through Europe again is a worry especially with so many people travelling abroad for holidays again, which personally I think is completely unnecessary but as I've never been nor have any desire to go abroad thate easy for me to say 🤠👍 it is good to see that most places down here are still providing sanitation stations and are asking people to still wear masks although sadly there are far too many people who no longer use the sanitation or wear masks which again only opinion is just selfish. 

I had my flu on Friday and have been notified about booking my covid booster. 

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered

All that sort of proves what the proper science, (not the political puppets) is showing.

The vaccines don't work. Everyone was double vaccinated, the virus ramps up again, everyone is triple vaccinated, it mutates, now they are talking about 4th shots.

The vaccination program is about obedience, not immunity.

I was forced to get a covid jab two weeks ago. That or lose my job. Oh, but vaccination is not mandatory. Yea, right. 

I have had 7 of the last 10 days off work as I am in too much pain as a result. Not getting another one, I tell you that.

Am I an anti Vaxer? Hell yes.

I am good! They aren't firing rubber bullets at me. Yet.
Welcome to Victoria, 2021.

ReplyQuote
devo56
(@devo56)
Member Admin

@murray  I understand what you are saying Murray, in the Uk to travel to different places they say we had to be double vaccine. But there is a lot of money getting made out of these travel rules. 

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @murray

All that sort of proves what the proper science, (not the political puppets) is showing.

The vaccines don't work. Everyone was double vaccinated, the virus ramps up again, everyone is triple vaccinated, it mutates, now they are talking about 4th shots.

The vaccination program is about obedience, not immunity.

I was forced to get a covid jab two weeks ago. That or lose my job. Oh, but vaccination is not mandatory. Yea, right. 

I have had 7 of the last 10 days off work as I am in too much pain as a result. Not getting another one, I tell you that.

Am I an anti Vaxer? Hell yes.

I don’t agree that the vaccine doesn’t work. Neither myself or Roxanna contracted Covid even though we were in direct contact with our grandson who obviously had it. Neither did either of his parents. 90% of those in hospital over here are unvaccinated and a lot are pregnant women. The majority of cases now are in children who obviously are unvaccinated. The numbers going into hospital and dying are still going down. I will happily get my booster. Your decision not to get vaccinated is yours and I respect your views. 

This post was modified 1 week ago by Andy123

Home of the ukpigeonracing test loft.

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered

@andy123, oh, but i did get vaccinated, against my will and under extreme duress.

I have now gone from being the fittest 65 year old around to hobbling around because of the pain in my feet, hands and joints.

I was forcibly poisoned. 

It is interesting that they say only 10 percent of hospitalizations in the UK are vaccinated. Here it's more like a third, and in Israel its practically every case. It has to be, practically every Israeli is at least double vaccinated.

Maybe the bureaucrats are 'massaging' the numbers? It happens here a lot. It has sort of stopped working. 

Aussies are not as dumb as they think. 

ReplyQuote
killer
(@killer)
Illustrious Member Registered

Murray are you sure it’s the Vaccination .,or old age catching up with you ,& your injures from your younger days ,my wife & l got bad head acks from our first shot lasted about 4 hrs some 10hrs after shots ,other than that can’t speak more highly of it , second vaccination no problems ,getting booster 5th Jan ,anyway at 65 your going ok ,a lot younger are in nursing homes ,lol take a spoon full of cement & harden up lol cheers mate ,

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered

killer, it may be just old age catching up with me, but it would be the coincidence of the century.

One day I am running around behind the lawn mower. 

Next day three people restrain me and forcibly inject me with a toxin I don't want.

The following day I am feeling unwell. 

Two weeks latter I can stand on my feet for limited times before the pain becomes too much. I spend half the night trying to sleep standing up, because the pain in my hips and shoulders makes lying down too hard.

Of course it may be a coincidence.

But I will bet it isn't.

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered

At least 20,000 people have died from the vaccination in the USA. Good as gold one day, dead two days latter. That's just in the USA. 

Who knows how many have been killed by it world wide?  

Millions of people world wide have been hospitalized after being jabbed.

Read this carefully. it is NOT SAFE.

ReplyQuote
killer
(@killer)

Mate your untitled to your opion re the Vaccine ,the main thing is your still alive ,& yes if you don’t want it ,that should be your choice & not the Govnerments ,we are & should be free to do as we want ,disappointed it only took 3 to hold you down lol, what now with your job ,cheers 

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered

It is a disgrace.

That weak prime minister needs to stand up to these state premiers and tell them that the targets have been met, the restrictions and mandates have to come off NOW. 

We are rapidly becoming a third world banana republic. 

ReplyQuote
killer
(@killer)

Cheer up mate , they could export you back ,lol.

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered

No! They won't let me back into New Zealand because I am not double vaccinated! 🤣 😆 😀 🤣 

Anyway, when we left 15 years ago everyone spoke English and you could read the street signs. Now the tax office sends you a letter, and it's in Maori! My passport is half written in Maori.

This is a problem. I have enough trouble with English. 😮 🤔 🤨  

ReplyQuote