Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Christmas orders

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Well we have just finished the Christmas period and started a new year. I had an email from one of my suppliers today saying that to guarantee getting what we want from one of our brands for Christmas 2022 that we need to have our orders in by January 26th lol. 

Home of the ukpigeonracing test loft.

devo56
(@devo56)
Member Admin

Has long as the order is not late, you should be ok mate. PMSL

ReplyQuote
killer
(@killer)
Illustrious Member Registered

I would tell them as long as they can Waite ,that long for the payment ,

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @killer

I would tell them as long as they can Waite ,that long for the payment ,

I wouldn’t need to pay for the stock until I receive it in October, but orders need to be in this month. We don’t usually have to put our Christmas orders in until July. 

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered

Yes, well, I would be having a little chat with the company.

You have no idea what the situation will be in a year's time. They are simply trying to screw forward orders out of you to secure the production for the year ahead.

I get this myself. Coming up to Christmas I get emails and phone calls and rep visits encouraging me to "get my extra Christmas stock orders in now!"

Well I used to.

After 12 years they realize that what I order in December is less than any other month. Why? 

A few years ago my Coca Cola rep, Hamish, arrived and told me that his automated system had flagged that I was not ordering more in the last order period before Christmas. I explained, again, that people go away from Bendigo at Christmas and New Year. It is not a holiday destination. 

He grinned and said, "This isn't your first rodeo, is it?".

"Nope", I said. 

That was the last time that happened. 

I

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @murray

Yes, well, I would be having a little chat with the company.

You have no idea what the situation will be in a year's time. They are simply trying to screw forward orders out of you to secure the production for the year ahead.

I get this myself. Coming up to Christmas I get emails and phone calls and rep visits encouraging me to "get my extra Christmas stock orders in now!"

Well I used to.

After 12 years they realize that what I order in December is less than any other month. Why? 

A few years ago my Coca Cola rep, Hamish, arrived and told me that his automated system had flagged that I was not ordering more in the last order period before Christmas. I explained, again, that people go away from Bendigo at Christmas and New Year. It is not a holiday destination. 

He grinned and said, "This isn't your first rodeo, is it?".

"Nope", I said. 

That was the last time that happened. 

I agree Murray. I have had the shop now for 17 years. I know my customers and know what will and won’t sell. I usually wait until at least November before ordering Christmas stock. There will be certain lines that won’t be available but those that are are usually cheaper or on offer by then as the wholesalers are looking to shift stock that they could be left with. We don’t order much stock that has a sell by date as this has to then be disposed of at our cost if not sold. Don’t mind ordering things like toys as these can be kept. Had very little left over this year 👍

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)

Blimmy Andy that does seem a bit too early 😕🤪😖 Obviously someone didn't do so well last Christmas lol 🤠😂 I worked for a company packaging cosmetics some years ago and we started packing Christmas orders in June as they wanted them in the shops by the beginning of September, that always seemed far too early for me lol 😂🤣

In farming however we were buying fertiliser in October which wasn't going to get used until March/April (weather dependent) as the price per tonne was much cheaper if you were prepared to store it for 5 months. 

ReplyQuote