Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Baby blackbirds

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

It’s just the 11th January but this afternoon I had 2 baby blackbirds in the garden. They were able to fly and were being watched by their parents. These must have hatched out mid December. Blackbirds are usually one of the first to breed each year but this is very early. It has been very mild this winter. 

Home of the ukpigeonracing test loft.

Buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Posted by: @andy123

It’s just the 11th January but this afternoon I had 2 baby blackbirds in the garden. They were able to fly and were being watched by their parents. These must have hatched out mid December. Blackbirds are usually one of the first to breed each year but this is very early. It has been very mild this winter. 

Wow that is early, hope they make it

Sadie's Loft's, home of great birds, just a poor loft manager

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @buster121
Posted by: @andy123

Wow that is early, hope they make it

They seemed fairly strong mate. The biggest threat to them around here actually seems to be Magpies. There doesn’t seem to be many of them around at present. I have seen them taking baby blackbirds out of the nest. 

Home of the ukpigeonracing test loft.

Buster121 liked
ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)

Blimmy that is early, just shows how mild it's been. I hope they survived the recent cold nights. 

ReplyQuote