Clear all

Van Den Bulk?  

Page 3 / 3

buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
21/11/2020 9:08 pm  
Posted by: @muzza

To be honest, in the 10 or 11 years we have lived in this house, I have never seen a snake on the place. 

I don't doubt they are around. We are only a few hundred metres from the forest. 

When we lived in Greece we had snakes some deadly ones as well, remember coming out of a bar one day and one had coiled itself around the handlebars of a bike would not like to have been the owner of the bike, we had plenty around two of the houses we lived in sometimes seeing them on the stairs leading to the upstairs apartment, our cat was trying to get one one day was one of the most poisonous on the island all the Greeks came from around trying to kill it and running around screaming

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
22/11/2020 6:59 pm  
Posted by: @buster121

To be honest, in the 10 or 11 years we have lived in this house, I have never seen a snake on the place. 

I don't doubt they are around. We are only a few hundred metres from the forest. 

When we lived in Greece we had snakes some deadly ones as well, remember coming out of a bar one day and one had coiled itself around the handlebars of a bike would not like to have been the owner of the bike, we had plenty around two of the houses we lived in sometimes seeing them on the stairs leading to the upstairs apartment, our cat was trying to get one one day was one of the most poisonous on the island all the Greeks came from around trying to kill it and running around screaming

Thankfully we don't get anything quite like that here but I did get the odd cow that had been bitten by an adder (our most venomous snake) when I was a herdsman on the Isle of Wight, they could certainly make an animal pretty sick. 

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
22/11/2020 7:32 pm  

How long and how long ago did you live in Greece Buster.

ReplyQuote
killer
(@killer)
Illustrious Member Registered
22/11/2020 7:38 pm  

We also have an interesting spider out here , called the bird eating spider ,haven’t & don’t want to in counter  one Pray  

This post was modified 1 day ago by killer

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
22/11/2020 8:57 pm  
Posted by: @killer

We also have an interesting spider out here , called the bird eating spider ,haven’t & don’t want to in counter  one Pray  

Hmmmm yes I have heard of those, no you really don't want one of them in your loft Afraid  

ReplyQuote
killer
(@killer)
23/11/2020 3:55 am  

Rather in the loft than,my bed lol 

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
23/11/2020 6:17 am  
Posted by: @andy123

How long and how long ago did you live in Greece Buster.

Been back around 10 years now, was there for a few years

ReplyQuote
Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
23/11/2020 7:54 am  

They are a bugger of a thing. 

Being nocturnal, they tend to lurk in the shadows. They are frequently found around the exits of night clubs at about 3 am on a Sunday morning, where they camouflage, by wearing wrap around sunglasses and fake tans.   

Various chemical repellents have been tested. The current view is that a poke in the eye and two solid kicks to the groin are the most effective treatment. 

There is some evidence that the species is spreading, with some overseas subspecies making the problem more evident. 

Reluctance to address the issue is evident at some government levels. This makes controlling the problem difficult. 

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
23/11/2020 8:19 am  

Being nocturnal, they tend to lurk in the shadows. They are frequently found around the exits of night clubs at about 3 am on a Sunday morning, where they camouflage, by wearing wrap around sunglasses and fake tans.   

Various chemical repellents have been tested. The current view is that a poke in the eye and two solid kicks to the groin are the most effective treatment. 

There is some evidence that the species is spreading, with some overseas subspecies making the problem more evident. 

Reluctance to address the issue is evident at some government levels. This makes controlling the problem difficult. 

Laugh Laughing Out Loud  

ReplyQuote
killer
(@killer)
23/11/2020 9:27 am  

Nonoise

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
23/11/2020 6:52 pm  

Rather in the loft than,my bed lol 

Laugh Grinning Laugh  

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
23/11/2020 6:55 pm  

Laugh Laughing Out Loud  

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3