Notifications
Clear all

Van Den Bulk?  

Page 1 / 3

Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
19/11/2020 8:08 am  

In my last post I mentioned that a local businessman has started up here, has spent 'quite a lot of money' and is looking forward to getting started.

I have fostered a pair of eggs off his imported Van Den Bulck x Heremans X Van Den Bulck pigeons under old Gordon. 

These things are like, "Father of 5 X 1st Federation, 5000 pigeons."  etc.

Gordy doesn't know about all that. When they hatched today, he was not getting off that nest. The hen was trying to push him off, but he was going nowhere! Laughing Out Loud

Regards

Murray.

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
19/11/2020 8:21 am  

😆😆😆

ReplyQuote
Petedav
(@petedav)
19/11/2020 9:42 am  

Thinking of trying a couple of the van den bulcks my self for next season.

ReplyQuote
Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
19/11/2020 9:56 am  

These are the first eggs from that hen. The deal is, I raise them and keep one. 

Seems a good plan. 

As you may know, I dont keep prisoners. They all fly out. This is a good way to add some 'avant garde' bloodlines to the strain. If it's born here, it won't go far.

Still, I am not too excited. Flying across the green flat lands of the low countries is a bit different from the arid deserts and heat of Australia.

Wait and see. 

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
19/11/2020 11:03 am  

Good luck with them mate

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
19/11/2020 1:36 pm  
Posted by: @muzza

These are the first eggs from that hen. The deal is, I raise them and keep one. 

Seems a good plan. 

As you may know, I dont keep prisoners. They all fly out. This is a good way to add some 'avant garde' bloodlines to the strain. If it's born here, it won't go far.

Still, I am not too excited. Flying across the green flat lands of the low countries is a bit different from the arid deserts and heat of Australia.

Wait and see. 

Sounds good Murray. It’ll be interesting to see how they do. 

ReplyQuote
killer
(@killer)
Illustrious Member Registered
19/11/2020 2:34 pm  

I suppose a young bloke like you muzza needS every bit of help he can get lol , Inlove  

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
19/11/2020 7:25 pm  
Posted by: @muzza

In my last post I mentioned that a local businessman has started up here, has spent 'quite a lot of money' and is looking forward to getting started.

I have fostered a pair of eggs off his imported Van Den Bulck x Heremans X Van Den Bulck pigeons under old Gordon. 

These things are like, "Father of 5 X 1st Federation, 5000 pigeons."  etc.

Gordy doesn't know about all that. When they hatched today, he was not getting off that nest. The hen was trying to push him off, but he was going nowhere! Laughing Out Loud

Sounds like the fella is serious and has obtained some decent stock there Muzza.

Good old Gordon 👍🤠 sounds like a great opportunity for you Muzza I hope it turns out well for you both, look forward to seeing how those babies turn out. 

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
19/11/2020 7:27 pm  
Posted by: @petedav

Thinking of trying a couple of the van den bulcks my self for next season.

We'll watch this space then Pete 👍

Look forward to hearing how it goes for you mate. 

ReplyQuote
killer
(@killer)
19/11/2020 8:23 pm  

The best that came to Australia came direct through the Flanders Collection Belg ,direct children off Kettle there’s 3 out here that way breed ,

ReplyQuote
Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
20/11/2020 8:01 am  

@killer, When this bloke bloke said he had pigeons from another state, bred down from the kittel, well, it sort of got my attention. 

I was putting some clean newspaper in Gordon's box this afternoon. I said to my wife, " I wouldn't know what these things are worth".

My wife, who I love more than life itself, replied, "Then you had better shut the door on that box, before the crows eat them". 

Why cant anything ever just be good and positive?

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
20/11/2020 8:06 am  

Laugh Laugh  

ReplyQuote
killer
(@killer)
20/11/2020 8:19 am  

Stone the crows then,lol, if you check pipa site last time direct babies out of Kettle sold there ,they  sold for I believe 22:000 up to 55:000 euro each ,I know he had a waiting list of 3 years to order them  ,a nice little side line ,cheers , Eat  

ReplyQuote
Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
20/11/2020 10:00 am  

My darling wife is right. Well, of course she is Inlove  

But the crows, or ravens, to be more accurate, are breeding and are a real menace.

I had one trying to get into the stock shed through the sputnik last night. 

The Van Den Bulck babies are worth a bit, so I will have to make sure that when I let the Gordy and Mrs Gordon out, I lock the door in the Gordon box until they want in again. 

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
20/11/2020 11:30 am  

Do you have a lot of trouble out there with crows and ravens Murray? Rarely see ravens. Carrion crows a bit more, but mainly Jackdaws and rooks. We have a lot of jackdaws around here but there not a problem. In fact they are quite useful as they do chase the birds of prey away and soon alert to and danger.

I did once when on the farm see a Crow fly straight into the side of one of my youngsters beak first and killed it instantly. It fell to the ground with a hole in its side, it was as if it had been shot! 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3