Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Ringing in the new.

Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

I have been mixing with a different type of pigeon fancier. The sort who have lots of money and want to win races.

I have raised some youngsters for these blokes, and been given eggs off some pigeons I could never hope to own. 

Now I have a team of youngsters which are half my own strain, and half bred from very expensive Fed winning pigeons. We shall see which are the better ones. 

Only having a small loft, I had to make some tough decisions. 

I have pigeons that are old. Some have never bred anything of any use. 

So, 3 pairs of them are going to a new loft as foster feeders. 10 others were removed today. Some are still fostering young birds, and will be moved on after that. 

I had to take a deep breath, but my shed had become a hippie colony. 

Now it is full of high quality youngsters. 

It is a new era. 👍 😎 

I am good! They aren't firing rubber bullets at me. Yet.
Welcome to Victoria, 2021.

Buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Good luck with it all Murray

Sadie's Loft's, home of great birds, just a poor loft manager

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

I hope it all goes well for you Murray. It is difficult deciding who to get rid of. Unfortunately sometimes it has to be done. 

Home of the ukpigeonracing test loft.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)

Posted by: @murray

I have been mixing with a different type of pigeon fancier. The sort who have lots of money and want to win races.

I have raised some youngsters for these blokes, and been given eggs off some pigeons I could never hope to own. 

Now I have a team of youngsters which are half my own strain, and half bred from very expensive Fed winning pigeons. We shall see which are the better ones. 

Only having a small loft, I had to make some tough decisions. 

I have pigeons that are old. Some have never bred anything of any use. 

So, 3 pairs of them are going to a new loft as foster feeders. 10 others were removed today. Some are still fostering young birds, and will be moved on after that. 

I had to take a deep breath, but my shed had become a hippie colony. 

Now it is full of high quality youngsters. 

It is a new era. 👍 😎 

It sounds like some very exciting times ahead for you Muzza, I hope it all goes well for you and I look forward to seeing your name in lights 🤠👍 I can imagine how hard it must have been for you having to decide who stays and who goes, I'm afraid my loft is very similar and houses too many birds that will never achieve anything. The trouble is I'm more a pigeon fancier than racer these days and any pigeon (feral or racer) is given a roof over its head, I am getting a bit overcrowded now so also have some tough decisions to make. 

All the best with your new venture mate 👍

This post was modified 1 week ago by Trevor Hodges

ReplyQuote
George & Morgan
(@george-morgan)
Famed Member Registered

good luck Murray i know only to well how difficult  it is to move birds on

ReplyQuote
devo56
(@devo56)
Member Admin

Good luck Murray, i hope you get some crackers.

ReplyQuote