Forum

Notifications
Clear all

new world record price  

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
15/11/2020 4:41 pm  

I see a new world record price was paid today for a pigeon. Sold on Pipa, a 2 year old hen named New Kim from the entire clearance sale of Belgiums Hok Van De Wouwer, sold for 1.6 million euro or £1.4 million pounds. 

A crazy price especially for a hen. 

killer
(@killer)
Illustrious Member Registered
15/11/2020 6:14 pm  

There’s plenty of crazy money out there alright ,

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
15/11/2020 7:19 pm  

If you got it I guess it's not so crazy 🤯🤯 personally I think its absolutely bonkers 🤪🤪😉

ReplyQuote
Petedav
(@petedav)
15/11/2020 8:06 pm  

Stupid money, I wonder how many close relatives of new Kim will appear on all the auction sites now.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
15/11/2020 8:12 pm  
Posted by: @petedav

Stupid money, I wonder how many close relatives of new Kim will appear on all the auction sites now.

🤔🤔🤔 yes Pete that will be interesting to see.

This is not a fancier I have heard of personally but what made this particular hen worth so much and what prices did the rest of the loft make !!!

ReplyQuote
Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
17/11/2020 10:50 am  
Posted by: @petedav

Yes. I am very pleased that I invested a lot of money in children of 'New Kim', just before it was sold for so much. 

I am also pleased that I invested in a pigeon photo program, my pigeons all look like that. 

Now I just need an auction site to announce  the " New sensation from Down Under ", and I am in for a million quid!.  

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
17/11/2020 2:25 pm  

@muzza Total sale made 9.55 million Euro. Smashing the Gaby Vandebele sale of 2 years ago. There were 455 pigeons sold. How many birds do some of these fanciers keep? I wonder how many were bred just for this sale. This is a 2 year old hen and you may wonder how they can recover that amount of outlay. But there were 12 direct children and 26 grandchildren in the sale that made a combined 2.15 million euro. 500,000 more than New Kim herself made. So that 1.6 million euro could be recouped in just 2 years breeding. Although I expect most of her direct children will be kept and only grandchildren made available. 

ReplyQuote
chrisroscoe
(@chrisroscoe)
Member Admin
17/11/2020 3:15 pm  

dont get the fascination in why belg pigeons sell for so much ? they race across flat land there better pigeons here in the uk lol

Admin : https://www.ukpigeonracing.co.uk/
Enjoy the website and community.

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
17/11/2020 5:34 pm  
Posted by: @chrisroscoe

dont get the fascination in why belg pigeons sell for so much ? they race across flat land there better pigeons here in the uk lol

totally agree Chris. 

ReplyQuote
Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
17/11/2020 7:20 pm  

A bidding war between two Chinese fanciers. 

Extraordinary. Shocked  

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
17/11/2020 8:02 pm  
Posted by: @chrisroscoe

Quite agree mate.

I know I'm not up to date with today's big names but I don't know where this lot popped up from and what they've achieved to make them worth so much.

When these Asian fanciers want something they are certainly prepared to pay for it. 

ReplyQuote
stevekulpa
(@stevekulpa)
Noble Member Registered
18/11/2020 5:22 pm  

I Don't know whether its true or not but I was told that his stock birds were taken by PIPA and bred the birds especially for this sale so have never actually been as his loft. I don't suppose it matters if you've got the money you can spend it how you want. For  1.4million you can have my house, loft and birds Grin Grin Grin   .

Just a footnote I'll even throw in my Nissan navara LoL  

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
18/11/2020 5:28 pm  

@stevekulpa

😂😂

Wouldn’t be surprised Steve. 445 birds is a lot to be kept in one loft. I know they do keep much more over there. 

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
18/11/2020 6:49 pm  
Posted by: @stevekulpa

I Don't know whether its true or not but I was told that his stock birds were taken by PIPA and bred the birds especially for this sale so have never actually been as his loft. I don't suppose it matters if you've got the money you can spend it how you want. For  1.4million you can have my house, loft and birds Grin Grin Grin   .

Just a footnote I'll even throw in my Nissan navara LoL  

Laugh Laughing Out Loud Laugh  

ReplyQuote