Clear all

Just Some updates  

Page 1 / 2

chrisroscoe
(@chrisroscoe)
Member Admin
26/10/2020 4:44 pm  
  • PIGEON PLANNER

The pigeon planner is coming along now, me and andy have been testing the planner alot and have made alot of changes to the planner.

its not quite finished but hopping to have it done by christmas time.

As for or long term members i shall make it free for you to use for life time,

but new members and people looking to use it there will be a small fee for life time usage, this will cover updates, improvements, and support for it.

• Website News

I am hopping to get a LiveChat room added to the forum again, like we had on the old forum.

As for the website performance i am hopping people now havnt had to many problems with the site loading and posting posts. ?

I still need to add the young fanicers corner, but i just dont know what to add in there for the younger flyers yet. so any suggestions would be greafull.

And i shall add a Competitions page to the website for next year.

I shall be drafting up a email to send to pigeon companys to try get some new competition prizes to get the site going again next season.

Also looking to run a add in the BHW next year for a few weeks to a couple of months to try gain more members to the forum.

• Thank you

I know this year has been hard for everyone with covid, and i would like to say a big thank you to everyone thats stayed with us and kept posting and joining in on the forum. Even though i made big changes and i know it upset some people and im sorry for that. i just wanted to try make eveything into one website and bring the costs down. but again a big thank you for all putting up with me and staying with us, means alot.

Admin : https://www.ukpigeonracing.co.uk/
Enjoy the website and community.

killer
(@killer)
Illustrious Member Registered
26/10/2020 7:04 pm  

Chris get some sleep ,don’t over do it , cheers Eat  

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
26/10/2020 7:14 pm  

Well done Chris, all your efforts are appreciated mate. 

Keep up the good work. 

ReplyQuote
Bryngwynt
(@bryngwynt)
Famed Member Registered
26/10/2020 9:46 pm  

Well done Chris 

ReplyQuote
chrisroscoe
(@chrisroscoe)
Member Admin
27/10/2020 11:26 am  

@killer

lol got to keep on moving forward Smile

ReplyQuote
chrisroscoe
(@chrisroscoe)
Member Admin
27/10/2020 11:27 am  

And thank you trev and Bryn 

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
28/10/2020 6:36 am  

Opens posts quickly, still slow on sign in and posting also reply box still not visible it shows at first upon opening a post then vanishes

ReplyQuote
Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
28/10/2020 7:28 am  

I didn't like it much at first, but now I think the whole thing works very well.

As for the chat room, I am not a big fan. I think it is counter productive. It's supposed to be a forum. That means a place of open discussion.

If you need to discuss something with a member in private, you can send a PM.  

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
28/10/2020 2:55 pm  
Posted by: @muzza

I didn't like it much at first, but now I think the whole thing works very well.

As for the chat room, I am not a big fan. I think it is counter productive. It's supposed to be a forum. That means a place of open discussion.

If you need to discuss something with a member in private, you can send a PM.  

The chat bit is an open chat room. It was for anyone who is on line to be able to chat to any other members online. It is visible and open for all members to see and join in. It was sometimes a useful place for new members who weren’t sure how to use the forum to post a question or their first post/introduction. I think that was where I started on the forum with a hi in the chat room. Devo and Buster both welcomed me on there. 

ReplyQuote
stevekulpa
(@stevekulpa)
Noble Member Registered
28/10/2020 5:37 pm  

Keep up the good work Chris I know I don't come on as often as some. But this is the  forum I use mostly to chat . The other forums I tend just to look at to catch up with what's  happening on a wider scale.

ReplyQuote
chrisroscoe
(@chrisroscoe)
Member Admin
29/10/2020 9:03 am  

@buster121

hey, as for posting theres ment to be a delay between 3-5secs when posting this is because it needs to update the wordpress databse and if people have notifications on it sends out sends to them at the same time, it was the way the forum software was designed, this is what i got told after around 20 emails with the people who designed the forum and checked it over and said this is normal special with the amount of topics and posts in the database we have.

i have added a photo dose your reply box look like this one ?

replybox

ReplyQuote
chrisroscoe
(@chrisroscoe)
Member Admin
29/10/2020 9:04 am  

@stevekulpa

Thank you steve what things do the other forums have that we might be able to add on here ?

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
29/10/2020 1:34 pm  

@chrisroscoe

Yes mate, and it takes lot longer than that for a reply to post mate

ReplyQuote
chrisroscoe
(@chrisroscoe)
Member Admin
01/11/2020 1:47 pm  

@buster121

thats hot the chat box in designed, there not wrong with it , also i dunno why its taken you so long to post at most its a 5s wait from the time you click add reply to it posting

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
01/11/2020 2:53 pm  
Posted by: @chrisroscoe

@buster121

hey, as for posting theres ment to be a delay between 3-5secs when posting this is because it needs to update the wordpress databse and if people have notifications on it sends out sends to them at the same time, it was the way the forum software was designed, this is what i got told after around 20 emails with the people who designed the forum and checked it over and said this is normal special with the amount of topics and posts in the database we have.

i have added a photo dose your reply box look like this one ?

replybox

You asked if I get this and I said yes, not sure what you mean about the chat box

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2