Notifications
Clear all

just in case

Page 1 / 2

Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

Just in case you were wondering what Au$3000 worth of babies looks like..

I

Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

The nest mate of the Blue bar pied is in the shed. 

So there's $5000 worth of young birds. 

Then there's the Thone' grizzle and its nest mate, the smokey blue Thone' youngsters, the red Thone' boys, and all of a sudden there are a lot of quite valuable pigeons in my shed. 

They don't know that.

So when I had one on each shoulder while trying to clean out this afternoon, I told them I don't care how flash they are. 

I still have to scrape out the loft. 🤨 

This post was modified 1 month ago by Murray

I

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

They look very nice Murray. Hope they do well for you. 

Home of the ukpigeonracing test loft.

ReplyQuote
Buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Nice looking pair there

Sadie's Loft's, home of great birds, just a poor loft manager

ReplyQuote
devo56
(@devo56)
Member Admin

Great looking pair of birds, in my eyes you cant put a price on Quality. Very nice Murray.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)

Very nice looking babies Murray, a credit to you mate 👍 The one in the foreground is a real cracker, I hope they do well for you mate. I look forward to following theirs and the rest of your teams progress in 2022. 

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks, Trev.

The one near the camera is a straight Van den Bulck. It was supposed to be a cock but turned out to be a hen. Absolutely stunning youngster. 

So I was dropping off the second-last pair of foster babies for the year, and he gave me the nestmate, the cock youngster! I said I couldn't accept another one, but he wouldn't take no. He said he promised me a cock to mate to the hen I have. I offered to return the hen, but no it's mine, he won't take it back. 

Got some seriously good pigeons in that shed. I am very fortunate.

I

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

All sounds great Murray. I hope you get the chance to really give them a go with all that’s going on. Look forward to watching how they go. 

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

@andy123, thanks for that, I hope so too. 

I must admit I am pretty enthusiastic about the year ahead. 

It seems the new omrocket variety is many times more contagious and many times less severe than the last one. 

It appears that the current vaccines have little to no effect against it.

So, with a bit of luck, everyone will catch it, have a sniffle or a cough, get well, and the whole population will have natural immunity. 

Just think, no masks, no lock downs, no quarantines, no endless booster shots that don't work, just getting on with life.

The way this thing is going, in six weeks it will have infected the population of the earth. Then it will burn itself out.

The fly in the ointment? The drug companies. If you were on a racket to make hundreds of billions of dollars, would you let it go? No. So it will only be a minute before a new, more dangerous strain appears. 

Find a bookie. put every quid you have on at whatever odds you can get. This will happen. 

I

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)

Good to see you so excited and enthusiastic mate 👍🤠 good luck for the coming season and I look forward to following yours and your teams progress 😀

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

Posted by: @murray

@andy123, thanks for that, I hope so too. 

I must admit I am pretty enthusiastic about the year ahead. 

It seems the new omrocket variety is many times more contagious and many times less severe than the last one. 

It appears that the current vaccines have little to no effect against it.

So, with a bit of luck, everyone will catch it, have a sniffle or a cough, get well, and the whole population will have natural immunity. 

Just think, no masks, no lock downs, no quarantines, no endless booster shots that don't work, just getting on with life.

The way this thing is going, in six weeks it will have infected the population of the earth. Then it will burn itself out.

The fly in the ointment? The drug companies. If you were on a racket to make hundreds of billions of dollars, would you let it go? No. So it will only be a minute before a new, more dangerous strain appears. 

Find a bookie. put every quid you have on at whatever odds you can get. This will happen. 

Sorry Murray I have to disagree with your analogy of Covid. You are entitled to your opinion and I’m not going to argue with you.

As you know I had Covid at the beginning of December. I am getting my booster next week. I know a lot of family and customers that have had Covid. Some have been quite bad with it and some have not fully recovered weeks later. I had 2 young lady’s come in the shop yesterday that are younger than me and work with nursery school children. They both had Covid about the same time as me. One is still feeling very tired and has to have a sleep every afternoon. The other one has long Covid and still can’t speak properly as she keeps losing her voice. I also know some that have died with it and some that almost certainly wouldn’t have been here now if they hadn’t have had the vaccine. 

I think the vaccine has saved a lot of lives and stopped a lot of hospitalisations. 90% of hospital admissions over here are those that aren’t fully vaccinated. 

I agree that sooner or later we’re going to have to live with it and carry on with life as before, but many may still die from it as they do with flu each year. But as with the flu jab let’s at least give ourselves the best chance of surviving it. 

Yes I got over it ok but it’s more than just a sniffle and a cough as you put it. 

Buster121 liked
ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

@andy123, I don't mean to be obtuse, but if you have recovered from covid, why do you need a booster shot?

I would have thought that recovering from a viral infection would leave you with a natural immunity? That would be terrific, as the current vaccines appear to be losing ground against the virus, according to the WHO and the British medical scientists. 

And by sniffle or cough, I mean the new variant is reportedly causing very mild symptoms in many people, which is good news. I don't take covid lightly, but the idea that they will beat it with vaccines has proven false. This thing is too relentless. 

In Australia they used every trick and blackmail they could to force everyone into getting vaccinated. Now, in the warmest time of the year, there are tens of thousands of covid cases daily and rising. The politicians were so busy congratulating themselves, now the thing has burst through and is out of control. 

Their solution? Booster shots. 🤪  

I

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

I need a kick in the bum.

Last night, being new years eve, I had a couple of beers with my neighbour, and my wife made a lovely platter and produced a bottle of sparkling wine. Well that went down a treat. 

But, it was a hot day, so I let the birds out later and cleaned them out and put the food in. I wasn't too worried, there was plenty of feed, and they could just go in as they wanted. 

So we had a lovely plate of food, a nice glass of sparkly, and I promptly fell asleep. Well, I had been on the go since 5 am. Then about 9.30 my wife wakes me up and asks, " Are those pigeons away?"

Crikey, didn't I wake up! 😲 

The cock nest mate of the pied Van Den Bulck youngster has been here for two days. And he can fly. 

I tore out, it was half dark, but they were all in, including the little ones. And the Van Den Bulck. 😘 

Just the same, when I got up to feed the cats at dawn, I quietly went in and counted heads.

Must be getting old. Couple of beers and a glass of wine, and I am any ones.  

I

Buster121 liked
ReplyQuote
Buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Posted by: @murray

@andy123, I don't mean to be obtuse, but if you have recovered from covid, why do you need a booster shot?

I would have thought that recovering from a viral infection would leave you with a natural immunity? That would be terrific, as the current vaccines appear to be losing ground against the virus, according to the WHO and the British medical scientists. 

And by sniffle or cough, I mean the new variant is reportedly causing very mild symptoms in many people, which is good news. I don't take covid lightly, but the idea that they will beat it with vaccines has proven false. This thing is too relentless. 

In Australia they used every trick and blackmail they could to force everyone into getting vaccinated. Now, in the warmest time of the year, there are tens of thousands of covid cases daily and rising. The politicians were so busy congratulating themselves, now the thing has burst through and is out of control. 

Their solution? Booster shots. 🤪  

This proves it is not only a winter one as they claim then, Murray the reasoning behind multi vacs is one is not sufficient or that is what they say anyway

Sadie's Loft's, home of great birds, just a poor loft manager

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

@buster121, and two isn't, three isn't and now the CEO of Pfizer is breaking the news that the forth one is scheduled.

Read this carefully. 

IT DOES NOT WORK.

I

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2