community

Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Here we go, Lyndhurst O/B 2021 SCF

Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
Topic starter  

Well its finally here, after a very up and down winter with loss of a couple of dear friends and the sad collapse of our beloved Worthing pigeon Club the racing season is due to take off this morning. 

I've sent a team of 30 birds with my new club (Littlehampton RPC) to Lyndhurst (53miles) in the South Coast Federation. Due to certain restrictions still in place and it being a bit hectic for my first time at the club I'm not sure of the total figures of members and birds sent by the club but it's around 300 birds. Let's hope it's a decent race to kick us off, I think it will be steady one and am expecting them to take around an hour.

Good luck to all our members in both the club and federation. 

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

Good luck Trev. Hope you have a good race. 

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered

good luck Trevor and lets have good returns 

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Noble Member Registered

Best wishes for your venture in the new club.

Looking forward to seeing T Hodges prominent in the results. {pear}:smile:  

Good luck, Trev! 

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

All the best mate

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered

did you send Trevor

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
Topic starter  

Sorry for the delay all and thanks for your good wishes. There were 12 members sending 262 birds, they were liberated at 9am in an East, North East wind, I was hopefull of seeing them around the hour mark. My first bird, a Brasspenning/coulter cock who has had several 1sts in Worthing came out of the east on a good line, he circled twice before dropping onto the loft. He wasted a little time but was as on the clock at 10.09 which I was reasonably happy with especially as it was their first time in a basket this year. The rest on my team were fairly split up with 14 arriving before 11 but I then had to wait 2hrs before seeing anything else. By nightfall I had 26 of my 30 home, I haven't seen any more today. I knew it was going to be very different racing this year with a lot more competition against some top widowhood fliers and how right I was with my bird ending up at 25th in the result 134ypm behind the winner. On the whole I'm fairly pleased with the result as I wasn't too far off the pace and it has certainly blown the cobwebs away, hopefully I'll climb up the result as the distances get longer. Onwards and upwards 👍🤠

It will take me a while to get to know who's who in the new club but as expected they seem a friendly bunch and were very welcoming so after the usual first week nerves I am looking forward to the rest of the season. 

[attach]6119[/attach]

I hope its readable 👍

This post was modified 1 week ago by Trevor Hodges

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

Well done Trev. A good start for you in a new and strong club. I’m sure you’ll get some good results before the season is over. 

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Well done Trev a good tester for there first race, hope others turn up safely

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered

well done Trevor  sorry I have just found the post hope some more have made it in bring on next week good luck

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
Topic starter  

Thanks all, no more back which is a little disappointing especially as one hen is a two year old who has already flown over 200 miles twice and has taken several 1sts. 

Looking forward to the rest of the season and I hope to take part in a few of the BICC races so I can push the team a bit further. 

All the best

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Noble Member Registered

That was a very good result Trev, all things considered.

100 metres per minute behind the winner means you are in the second bunch. But, if your pigeons hadn't been sharpened with a tossing program, that is about right.

The blokes at the top will have been speeding theirs up, you can be certain of that. {blue}:wink:  

That's why you now have the job ahead of you. If yours have taken benefit from the fly, and are fitter and sharper, so are the pigeons which were at the top of the sheet. Those pigeons will just take normal improvement in fitness, yours have to make a significant jump. 

That's the hard bit. 

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote