Notifications
Clear all

got a bit of a surprise this afternoon  

Paul
 Paul
(@paul1)
Estimable Member Registered
28/05/2020 5:40 pm  

Let the birds out as usual and off they went out of sight, after about 30 minutes i started to get a bit concerned as they are usually back around then, after another 15 minutes i saw them coming in but to my surprise there was another 10 birds flying with them ! .

Mine started circling the loft ready to come in followed by the other 10, mine landed and the other 10 must have thought hang on we don't live here circled a couple of times and went on there way.

Just shows how many people are training birds around here.

buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
28/05/2020 6:35 pm  

That is what happens mate when they clash

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
28/05/2020 6:51 pm  
Posted by: @paul1

Let the birds out as usual and off they went out of sight, after about 30 minutes i started to get a bit concerned as they are usually back around then, after another 15 minutes i saw them coming in but to my surprise there was another 10 birds flying with them ! .

Mine started circling the loft ready to come in followed by the other 10, mine landed and the other 10 must have thought hang on we don't live here circled a couple of times and went on there way.

Would say that they probably got in with someone else’s out exercising, may have been ranging in the same area as yours. Yours could even have been circling their loft first. That’s one of the fascinating things with this sport, once away from your loft you have no idea where they are or what they are doing, doesn’t matter as long as they come back to you. All good experience for them. Your 10 are coming on nicely Paul. 

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
28/05/2020 8:02 pm  

Threw another 2 eggs away today  off the ones that bred yours off me Paul

ReplyQuote
Paul
 Paul
(@paul1)
Estimable Member Registered
28/05/2020 8:07 pm  
Posted by: @buster121

Thats a shame mate. My two are taking parenthood very seriously now so touch wood all will go well.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
28/05/2020 10:26 pm  

Sounds like your birds did well there Paul, great experience for them. As Andy says who knows what our birds get up when they are out of sight, good that yours have started to explore, well done mate. 

This post was modified 1 month ago by Trevor Hodges

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
28/05/2020 10:29 pm  
Posted by: @buster121

Thats a shame mate. My two are taking parenthood very seriously now so touch wood all will go well.

Good to hear your pair are settling to the job in hand, those eggs will be chipping before you know it mate.

ReplyQuote