Clear all

First result of 2021

Page 1 / 4

stevekulpa
(@stevekulpa)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi All

Not had much time to come on as often as before, but to let you all know were still doing what we do 

Well the first race is over and were over the moon, we took the first 7 in Shinfield the first one being a Herman Ceusters great grand son of the Newie Olimpiad

And at Caversham we had the best 15 velocities with the first 11 home all being Hens the first one getting her  5th win and is a lambrect,

The second hen is from a son of mum and dads Nfc winner  Sophia  and the 3rd hen being the nest sister to the winner who has also won twice before 

A brilliant start now the pressures on to keep it up, Ill try and find time to keep you all updated but now Paul's got his young family i spend a lot more time with the birds. But as I said I'll try 

Steve

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

Great to see you back on Steve. 

A great start for you and Paul. Well done in both races. Look forward to seeing how your season progresses. 

Home of the ukpigeonracing test loft.

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered

Great to see you back, Steve, and it's terrific that you have had a top start to the season. 

Keep it up and keep us informed.

I am good! They aren't firing rubber bullets at me. Yet.
Welcome to Victoria, 2021.

ReplyQuote
Buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Well done both a great start, hope returns are just as good

Sadie's Loft's, home of great birds, just a poor loft manager

ReplyQuote
Petedav
(@petedav)

Well done lads. 

ReplyQuote
stevekulpa
(@stevekulpa)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks everyone , returns were great 3 short from 128 over the two clubs. We sent 92 to Caversham and had 43 in 10 mins and 84 in under an hour. so well pleased.

ReplyQuote
Buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Posted by: @stevekulpa

Thanks everyone , returns were great 3 short from 128 over the two clubs. We sent 92 to Caversham and had 43 in 10 mins and 84 in under an hour. so well pleased.

Well done Steve

ReplyQuote
Potter29
(@potter29)

Nice one lads

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)

Posted by: @stevekulpa

Great result team Kulpa, a brilliant start for you, lete hope it's another successful season for you.

Best wishes to Paul and his family, the little one will soon be helping to clean the birds out 👍🤠

ReplyQuote
stevekulpa
(@stevekulpa)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks Trevor she is a little rascel always on the go.

This weeks racing was moved forward to Friday lib with Caversham Basketing Thursday and Shinfield Basketing Friday morning for a late afternoon lib.

Caversham we sent 103 and had 99 back. as of Sunday none of the others have shown up, We took the first 4 again with our Third bird being last weeks winner, the first bird was one of our 2019 late breds  a Herman ceusters cock that lives with the hens, the second bird which was on the same second as the first is a daughter of 193 who had 10 first clubs and 7 first feds when racing. 

In Shinfield we took the first 5, 6 mins clear of  mum and dad and had 21/22 back .but returns in the fed were poor with a lot missing on the night mum and dad were 11short from there 37. I know they had 5 the next day 

ReplyQuote
Buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Another great result Steve, hope yours and mom n dads missing ones return

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

Well done Steve. Where were you racing from? 

ReplyQuote
stevekulpa
(@stevekulpa)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi Andy we were at Wincanton. We got all 22 of ours mum and dad ended up with 33/37. Apparently when they libbed the birds split into a few batches and some headed the wrong way 

ReplyQuote
stevekulpa
(@stevekulpa)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi All

This is the report for Sat 15/05/21. This week with the forecast being crap we didn't know what to do, The berks fed pushed back marking to Saturday for a Sunday race. the BB&O still marked Friday for as usual after a few chats between me and Paul we decided that all Bar the 14 what we call spare hens would go with the BB&O as we had every confidence in Dianne our race controller to do the right thing. After she pulled most of her hair our ( her own words 😀 )

The birds were released at 11/20 in a SW turning ESE on route with a few heavy showers towards the home end. Bang on time we had two come on line really racing each other, they dropped without even circling our great hen 333 was first on the clock with a yearling cock 50 11 seconds behind her. she is the nest sister to the hen that won the first week and was 3rd last week ( Oh to have a loft like these two ) This nest pair now have at least 7 x 1st between them and are two of the best trappers in the loft. We sent 107 out and had 105 back all had hit heavy rain on the way home, but that was to be expected with the forecast.

I don't know if Dianne reads these write ups but I have and will again congratulate her on giving us a great race under difficult conditions and getting them a good start, I think that makes all the difference on a day like yesterday. 

A addition to this as  type is that we provisionally 1st and 2nd fed 2869 birds 

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

Well done Steve a great result again. Good to hear returns were good. 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4