Clear all

what breed is this bird

Page 1 / 15

Paul
 Paul
(@paul1)
Reputable Member Registered
Topic starter  

Just interested as to what breed the bird i have is, any ideas?, apologies as the second pic has rotated when uploading

-- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available --

devo56
(@devo56)
Member Admin

Paul what are the droppings like on this bird mate.? Also your putting in far to much food in. Cut down and keep it fresh.

ReplyQuote
Paul
 Paul
(@paul1)
Topic starter  

the droppings look ok to me, not overly wet, infact the one it just did was probably on the dry side, pic is attached. i know what you mean about the food, i had no idea how little it needed which is why i had problems getting it to go in at night, just been down to see it now and the bowl is empty at the minute and he was flying back and forth seeing if i was putting food in its bowl.

-- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available --

ReplyQuote
devo56
(@devo56)
Member Admin

the droppings look ok to me, not overly wet, infact the one it just did was probably on the dry side, pic is attached. i know what you mean about the food, i had no idea how little it needed which is why i had problems getting it to go in at night, just been down to see it now and the bowl is empty at the minute and he was flying back and forth seeing if i was putting food in its bowl.

20191010_154108(1).jpg20191010_154214(1).jpg

Paul it would be any ones guess what breed the bird is mate. How many do you have.

ReplyQuote
Paul
 Paul
(@paul1)
Topic starter  

just the one at the minute, this one is an unwanted lost bird, i am looking for a cheapish 6x4 shed to turn into a loft then i'll get 4 -5 young birds. the plan is to fly it out with the young ones and see if it will re home to here. Not planning on racing them, just flying for fun for now and see where it goes.

ReplyQuote
devo56
(@devo56)
Member Admin

just the one at the minute, this one is an unwanted lost bird, i am looking for a cheapish 6x4 shed to turn into a loft then i'll get 4 -5 young birds. the plan is to fly it out with the young ones and see if it will re home to here. Not planning on racing them, just flying for fun for now and see where it goes.

Keep checking E bay and Market place on Facebook, hope you find one mate

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

He looks happy enough Paul and in good condition. You’re doing well with him. It will be nice when you can get a small shed and a few more. He will fly out with the youngsters when you get them no problem. Hope you enjoy keeping them and who knows where it will lead.
As Dev says there is no way of telling what breed it is but it does look like a cock and what we call a Blue Chequer in colour.

ReplyQuote
Paul
 Paul
(@paul1)
Topic starter  

I think i need to sort out better accomadation before winter sets in. When will there be plenty of young birds for sale? i assume its nearly breeding season now?

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

I think i need to sort out better accomadation before winter sets in. When will there be plenty of young birds for sale? i assume its nearly breeding season now?

Breeding season is over for this year, you will still get odd one or two still breeding and selling, most will start breeding between January and March next year except the ones that breed young to sell at the shows, there is one at Doncaster next month which is close to you, may be worth your while paying a visit just to check things out not particularly to buy

ReplyQuote
killer
(@killer)
Illustrious Member Registered

A Homer .

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Paul I have a pair just laid second egg if you would like the youngsters when ready you are more than welcome, only thing I have no rings so if you did want them then I am sure a member would give me 2 for you, or have them without rings, they will be the same way bred as the one in Magics avatar good lines not rubbish

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

Great offer Buster. I think Trev has a couple of rings of mine that he didn’t use if there wanted.

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Great offer Buster. I think Trev has a couple of rings of mine that he didn’t use if there wanted.

Thanks Andy will let you know when Paul has decided

ReplyQuote
Paul
 Paul
(@paul1)
Topic starter  

Paul I have a pair just laid second egg if you would like the youngsters when ready you are more than welcome, only thing I have no rings so if you did want them then I am sure a member would give me 2 for you, or have them without rings, they will be the same way bred as the one in Magics avatar good lines not rubbish

hi mate that would be great thanks, if you let me know when they are ready for collection i will come over and collect, if they could have rings on it would better just in case they get lost i can get them back, i do no want anybody to be out of pocket so if there are any costs please let me know i will will reimburse.
Thanks
Paul

ReplyQuote
Petedav
(@petedav)

Great offer buster, well done.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 15